Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:59 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 GA: More Wrong Address No Knock 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:48 pm 
Longtime Regular

You'd expect a cop with a 4 year degree to READ a piece of paper?

My word, what's next, being able to recognize NUMBERS?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:37 pm 
Longtime Regular

Oh, I certainly wasn't disagreeing. How could I, given my "hypothetical" :wink: education in this area?

real world -
The question is: Now that we have a system that is the true definition of FUBAR, now that a crazy (certified on SSDI type crazy) ex-friend of a wife can call DHS and make a complaint because she is unhappy she isn't getting as much of wife's attention now that wife is a wife and has a baby . . . . the DHS worker with no evidence can demand you wave your 4th ammendment rights and if you don't he can make up whatever will get a judge to sign . . . so you get the no-knock treatment including the dog that died of complications due to whatever they did to him when they entered and count yourself lucky you weren't home. No legal recourse, I'll be lucky to get the property that wasn't on the warrant or illegal back and meanwhile my lawyer bills me and their lawyer gets paid by the city. And yeah, the case that resulted from the false allegations was dismissed in pretrial more than 8 months ago. So I am mad as hell, and more than a little invested in this topic.

Thing is, who after giving themselves immunity would choose to give up that immunity and be accountable? How do we as citizens go about holding these folks accountable? The crazy ex-friend is bona-fide psycho & my wife is now painfully aquainted with why friends need to be sane. . . can't really hold her responsible, she has been judges nuts enough to get a free ride through life. The DHS worker with the chip on his shoulder? "diplomatic immunity" said in a Sidney Edmond Jocelyn Ackland voice. We need to fix this, folks. The utter and complete lack of accountability in when and how no-knocks are being served is getting innocent people killed and we were just lucky we stopped for errands on the way home.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.