Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:05 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Deputy fires shot after misunderstanding in New Market 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:53 pm 

Cool.

And,
joelr wrote:
people with badges, too, do have to deal with the information that they have at a given moment, and not what we all know in retrospect.

Glory for sagacity :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:54 pm 
Longtime Regular

I should come clean. I have a little inside information from a former high ranking member of the community and that is why I am pressing the point. Otherwise, I might be willing to cut a little more slack.

When I sent my friend the original news story, here is what he wrote back:

Quote:
Scott County is not know for high standards, and New Market is at the end of the county, perhaps the outlaw end of the county.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:56 pm 
The Man

Traveler wrote:
It is all about another deputy operating under the "Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius." theory.

No matter if they make a gross error, they are always in the right. Unfortunately, it will undoubtedly take the death of an incident victim by one of these law enforcers for changes to be made.
Oh, you're wrong on that; quite a few people have died in such incidents, and the changes haven't been made. I'm not sure what will do it, if anything.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:04 pm 
Longtime Regular

DeanC wrote:
Quote:
Scott County is not know for high standards, and New Market is at the end of the county, perhaps the outlaw end of the county.

Close to the southeast corner, to be exact, and not too far as a crow flies from where I currently lay my head at night. In fact some of the same jackasses that pulled this stunt patrol my streets when I'm performing the previously afformentioned sleeping.

That's why I'm so upset by this story.

As an example; the neighbor across the street has an address of xxxx70. My house number is nearly eaxactly the same except that the last digit is one number higher in sequence.

I'm supposed to accept that the dregs of the door kickers (perhaps foaming at the mouth and snapping their jaws eagerly in anticipation of a fight, or equally looking forward to doing a little ol' fashion TASERing of non-compliant "suspects" whose only crime was "not getting out of bed fast enough when rousted by a strange person knocking at their door at 2AM") are patrolling my neighborhood, and getting addresses wrong, and firing shots into houses when the homeowner who's a little confused and shaken by his door being kicked down at some ungodly hour says he's gonna defend himself.

And that's only part of the problem. The problem is compounded by the fact that it was an hour (read that again: AN HOUR) after they realized they had the wrong house and someone from dispatch thouight it might be a good idea for at least one deputy to run down the hill and check on the original source of the call-the real domestic dispute. You know, do that whole "protect and serve" bit. Not a modern day re-enactment of Kristelnacht as performed by the Porcine Patrol Theater. It just makes my blood boil.

That fact is still further compounded by the 5 hour detention of the victims of this fucked up suburban assault. WHat the hell were they being held for, again? Not being good targets on the pop-up range the deputy thought their house had become?

I'm also bothered by this: some (by no means all) of my neighbors are idiots. They call the police for every little thing, not realizing that people out here are in fact lucky enough to be able to shoot recreationally in their own back yards. Imagine a scenario where I'm punching paper into a safe backstop and one of these morons calls the police. Officer Doorkicker shows up just as I'm walking up to my house with an uncased gun and... what? Shoots me on the spot because I had the audacity to hunt crows on the way back from my backyard range? Throws me to the ground, beats me and TASERs me because I didn't see him coming down the trail around the blind corner and there was no humanly possible way of me setting my shotgun down before I looked like a threat?

Forget what I said at the beginning of this rant... I'm not just upset by this incident, I'm full-on PISSED OFF. These idiots have no buisiness patrolling my neighborhood under the auspices of "protecting and serving" me; I feel like I'm one HELL of a lot safer on my own.

"We're either gonna be the best of friends or there's gonna be a whole lotta shootin' goin' on."

"I think it's a good thing for serving cops to mix with non-cops in a situation where they understand that they aren't in charge." -JoelR

"You'd be amazed at the things a bullet can stop." -Old Irish Proverb

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:40 pm 
Longtime Regular

joelr wrote:
Traveler wrote:
It is all about another deputy operating under the "Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius." theory.

No matter if they make a gross error, they are always in the right. Unfortunately, it will undoubtedly take the death of an incident victim by one of these law enforcers for changes to be made.
Oh, you're wrong on that; quite a few people have died in such incidents, and the changes haven't been made. I'm not sure what will do it, if anything.

If enough people will take notice and hold the right people accountable it can change. My new mantra, in all my classes, is: Only you can prevent forest fires.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:56 pm 
Poet Laureate

Binky .357, I love your passion. It is inspiring. I feel exactly the same way.

The word Patriot comes to mind.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:13 pm 
Longtime Regular

Yup, we've had differences of opinnion in the past, but DANG Binky, solid post & well spoken. I agree on that patriot score.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:16 am 

Oh Boy more good news for New Market, Elko residents

Elko New Market weighs dumping Police Department....

http://www.startribune.com/local/south/ ... cUiacyKUUr

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:31 pm 

+1 Binky. I am starting to think that there are no reasons to ever call the cops. The possible exception being to cover your ass by having a documented call to 911 that the unannounced and unidentified door kickers on my porch are about to come under heavy fire.

A couple of months ago we had a known meth head making unwelcome visits and accusations at mine and a neighbors house. LE had previous contact / arrests / assault with this gentlemen. I called numerous times and all they would tell me is "we can't do anything but, call us if you see him again" At one point when I knew he was driving while high I started follwing him at the behest of dispatch. After about three miles dispatch advised me I could "back off we got him" and that an officer would stop by my house. I followed ther dirt bag for another 10 minutes and never saw a squad.

Thread drift: If you lose a loved one in your home to natural causes spend a few minutes saying your good byes before calling the authorities. They will push you aside or out of your home as they turn it into a crime scene and start gathering evidence.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.