Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:57 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Ohio police chief sues over raid at his home 
 Post subject: Ohio police chief sues over raid at his home
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:48 am 
Longtime Regular

This is such a quagmire I don't know who to point at, I just wallow in the clusterhumpedness of it all.

Quote:
Ohio police chief sues over raid at his home
January 09, 2009 22:44 EST

CINCINNATI (AP) -- The police chief of a small southwest Ohio community has filed a federal lawsuit over a raid of his home by other law-enforcement agencies.

New Richmond Chief David Willoughby says in the lawsuit filed Friday that his wrists were injured when he was handcuffed with excessive force during the Oct. 24 raid. He says the ordeal upset his family.

The raid was part of an investigation by state agents into stalking and voyeurism allegations against Willoughby. His attorney, Eric Deters, says the chief maintains his innocence.

Clermont County Sheriff A.J. "Tim" Rodenberg says he doesn't believe actions by his office were illegal. Spokesman Ted Hart with the Ohio attorney general's office says he cannot comment on the investigation by state agents or the lawsuit.

The lawsuit asks for unspecified damages.

------

Information from: The Cincinnati Enquirer, http://www.enquirer.com

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:45 pm 
Longtime Regular

It appears that uniformed buffoons across the country are starting to eat their own.

I am at the point where my beliefs are suggesting that all current LEO be fired en-mass and replaced by mall guards. I seriously do no see how they could do a worse job.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:37 pm 
Poet Laureate

Well, they're getting it party right, at least, being that this was a sworn officer's home.
They are still missing the nude wife on the couch and the no-knock wrong address.

Baby steps I suppose. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:57 pm 
Longtime Regular

Traveler wrote:
I seriously do no see how they could do a worse job.

An unarmed security guard saw my friend's gun print recently at a gas station. He told my friend that he (the guard) would arrest him if he didn't have a permit to carry and told him to show his permit. The cashier even apparently acted like he thought the guard was an idiot. I can see how they could do a worse job.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.