Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:05 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Good Samaritan Gets a Ticket 
 Post subject: Good Samaritan Gets a Ticket
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:38 pm 
Longtime Regular

Quote:
Injured good Samaritan ticketed for jaywalking

Thu Feb 26, 7:34 am ET

DENVER – A good Samaritan who helped push three people out of the path of a pickup truck before being struck and injured has gotten a strange reward for his good deed: A jaywalking ticket.

Family members said 58-year-old bus driver Jim Moffett and another man were helping two elderly women cross a busy Denver street in a snowstorm when he was hit Friday night.

Moffett suffered bleeding in the brain, broken bones, a dislocated shoulder and a possible ruptured spleen. He was in serious but stable condition Wednesday.

The Colorado State Patrol issued the citation. Trooper Ryan Sullivan said that despite Moffett's intentions, jaywalking contributed to the accident.

Moffett had been driving his bus when the two women got off. In the interest of safety, he got out and, together with another passenger, helped the ladies cross.

Moffett's stepson, Ken McDonald, said the driver of the pickup plowed into his stepfather, but not before Moffett pushed the two women out of the way.

When he awoke in intensive care, he learned of the ticket. "His reaction was dazed and confused. I was a little angry," said McDonald.

The other man also was cited for jaywalking, while the pickup driver was cited with careless driving that led to injury. Sullivan said the two elderly women haven't been cited but the investigation is ongoing.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:47 pm 
Longtime Regular

Funny, I just happened to be listening to the song, "Mr. Jack" by System of a Down when I was reading this post. The last verse seems painfully appropriate in this situation.

Now, everyone sing along...

"We're either gonna be the best of friends or there's gonna be a whole lotta shootin' goin' on."

"I think it's a good thing for serving cops to mix with non-cops in a situation where they understand that they aren't in charge." -JoelR

"You'd be amazed at the things a bullet can stop." -Old Irish Proverb

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:07 pm 

I heard on Fox9 News tonight that they decided to drop the charges. Still... seriously... these guys really need to find better use of the tax payers money!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.