Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:47 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 3 AM Wrong address raid nets resident a resisting charge 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:46 pm 
On time out

Welfare check of the non fiscal type. This is what the police call it when a family member calls in and says "I have not been able to reach Aunt Mabel for 3 days, can someone go over and make sure shes Ok?" Also a 911 hangup will get the same response,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:31 pm 
Longtime Regular

1911fan wrote:
Welfare check of the non fiscal type. This is what the police call it when a family member calls in and says "I have not been able to reach Aunt Mabel for 3 days, can someone go over and make sure shes Ok?" Also a 911 hangup will get the same response,

That's what I was thinking. Maybe Dad called and said son was drunk and biliger... baligeren... belligur... rowdy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:51 am 

PocketProtector642 wrote:
Traveler wrote:
A Murfreesboro man has been accused of pulling a gun on two police officers when they came to his home to perform a welfare check.
http://www.newschannel5.com/Global/story.asp?S=9894544

What the F is a welfare check? And at 3am?

1911fan wrote:

Another version of the "welfare check" is when a concerned friend or family calls the police to say that said friend or family may be hurting themselves or someone else by their actions (assumed illegal activity).

MM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:52 pm 

Regardless of the reason for the "check", the cops were still at the wrong address, weren't they?

Anyone pounding on my door at Oh-three-hundred will see the wrong end of Mr. Remington's Model 870 and a very bright light. If they try to break down the door, they won't see either of these for long! They may live long enough to hear a loud noise, though.

jb

John Farnam (I believe)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.