Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:38 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ] 
 NYPD Cop who saw demons sues to get his badge and gun back 
 Post subject: NYPD Cop who saw demons sues to get his badge and gun back
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:03 pm 
Longtime Regular

Do you suppose he was detailed to the Mayor's office?

Quote:
NYPD being sued by cop who saw demon and wants his gun back

BY Jose Martinez
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

Monday, March 2nd 2009, 9:49 PM

An evangelist cop who saw a demon at 1 Police Plaza and acted "godlike" is suing the NYPD to get his gun back.

Lt. Dominic Maglione contends police brass discriminated against his religious beliefs by putting him on desk duty at Brooklyn's 90th Precinct stationhouse and stripping him of his badge and gun after a psychotic episode in April 2006.

"[The NYPD's] wrongful confiscation of [Maglione's] badge and gun have compromised [his] ability to do his job," says the Manhattan Supreme Court suit.

Documents attached to Maglione's suit describe the 21-year veteran as a "practicing evangelist," and say the 2006 hospitalization was because he starved himself because he was too busy praying.

"He was alarmingly thin, his skin was pale and he was malodorous," according to a March 2008 Police Pension Fund report, which said he once saw a demon at Police Headquarters.

The report also says he acted "godlike" and lost 20 pounds in a few weeks as result of nonstop "contact with God," and says Maglione suffers from bipolar disorder, hyperreligiosity and obsessive-compulsive disorder.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:25 pm 
Longtime Regular

I really don't think this is an "isolated incident". IMO if the report is true and accurate it is a sad sorry of a mentally ill person.

Now if he were to win in court I could see it being post here. YOMV

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:54 pm 
Longtime Regular

Yeah, you're right. Now if they gave him his gun back, that could turn into one.

I wonder how they didn't catch it in the academy screening process or what transpired since then to make him go all "demony".

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:50 pm 
Longtime Regular

Flip side could be somebody doesn't like him, wants to get him out. Take a few Holy Roller conversations out of context, twist some words . . . add some editorial to your report and bingo you have a whack job cop. 21 years as a veteran cop and they throw a 72 hour at him because he isn't fat. "oh no, he doesn't have a beer and donut belly, must be sick in the head" er,
Quote:
He was alarmingly thin, his skin was pale and he was malodorous
so, his offense was - he was a skinny white guy and . . . . he . .. smelled funny.

Just the
Quote:
The report also says he acted "godlike"
sound an awful lot like some B.S. cop psychologist deciding that this guy is a Christian so is obviosly whack, cause all sane people are ultra left hyper enlightened atheists. Who says acted "godlike" in conversation .. . er, how's abouts some specificity like "he attempted to communicate via burning bush" or "he told a homeless guy to part the water in the fountain out front" :shock:

I want a second oppinion by a head doc that isn't biased.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:00 pm 
Longtime Regular

Based on what I hear at my church (Catholic), acting "Godlike" would be considered "getting it right". We were made in his image. He wants us to act accordingly. However, the ambiguity of that phrase coming from a review board is... suspect.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:34 pm 
Longtime Regular

Well, when you tie that in with the HIPPA issues that are obvious in this story ... . The Demony cop may (looks like probably) be the victim here and a rogue psychologist or bent brass may be the perp.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:51 am 
Longtime Regular

Well, I guess the last thing I would want is some "christian solider" holy-roller (religious whackjob) type coming to my house and deciding that it's his mission from god to expell my personal demons (shoot me) because I drink, smoke, and live with my girlfriend out of wedlock.

Especially if that whackjob has been given carte blanche to kick in my door and shoot me and mine due to whatever reasons he can make up...

No, there's a place for religious zealotry; it's behind the pulpit on sunday morning preaching hellfire and damnation. It's on the shortwave radio stations that sound like some wierd radio-theater presentation of "Children of the Corn". It's walking from door to door annoying the damned and trying to sell them copies of "Watchtower".

There are plenty of places for fundies to practice their zealotry, on patrol with a gun and a badge isn't one of them.

That's all I'll say about the matter.

"We're either gonna be the best of friends or there's gonna be a whole lotta shootin' goin' on."

"I think it's a good thing for serving cops to mix with non-cops in a situation where they understand that they aren't in charge." -JoelR

"You'd be amazed at the things a bullet can stop." -Old Irish Proverb

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:32 am 
Longtime Regular

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/J90GeqnGn10&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/J90GeqnGn10&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Sorry.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:34 am 

:lol: And, nice Caprice. 8)

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:17 am 
Longtime Regular

Binky .357 wrote:
There are plenty of places for fundies to practice their zealotry, on patrol with a gun and a badge isn't one of them.

clapclapclapclapclapclapclapclapclapclapclapclap!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:28 am 
Raving Moderate

Andrew Rothman wrote:
Binky .357 wrote:

clapclapclapclapclapclapclapclapclapclapclapclap!

OK, I'll bite- are you clapping the sentiment, or that he's not going to say any more? :wink:

My real name is Jeremiah (go figure). ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:17 pm 
Longtime Regular

Quote:
Well, I guess the last thing I would want is some "christian solider" holy-roller (religious whackjob) type coming to my house and deciding that it's his mission from god to expell my personal demons (shoot me) because I drink, smoke, and live with my girlfriend out of wedlock.

I guess that this is one of the few times that I'll actually agree with Binky.357

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.