Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:52 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Driving while white. Arrested by black cops for "attit 
 Post subject: Driving while white. Arrested by black cops for "attit
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 6:49 pm 
Wise Elder

You gotta follow this tale.

http://motorhomediaries.com/jones-count ... -mhd-crew/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 8:02 pm 

Unfarking believable

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 10:06 pm 
Longtime Regular

UN- F'n,- Believable. At least I wish it were. :evil:

"Build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a night. Set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life." ~ unknown

Never been tazered. (yet).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 5:53 am 
The Man

Doesn't surprise me. Appalls? Sure. I don't think there's any reason to believe that guys with badges and skin with high melanin content are going to be much better or much worse than similar guys of pallor.

Which doesn't mean that this sort of stuff happens all the time. Every day? Sure. Too much? Absolutely. All cops? Nah. I'd even be skeptical if somebody claimed "most."

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 10:44 am 
Longtime Regular

Excuse me, but where in the story did race even come up? I didn't even see any indication of the racial identity of any of the people in the story.

It's pretty clear that the cops were 100% asshole -- and that designation knows no skin color.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 11:52 am 
The Man

Andrew Rothman wrote:
Excuse me, but where in the story did race even come up? I didn't even see any indication of the racial identity of any of the people in the story.
Only in the pictures. That said, I don't think that the cops said, "Hi, there. We're black guys who pulled you over for DWW," just as the white (and, for that matter, black) cops who pull black guys over on a DWB don't actually say that sort of thing, either.

Was it a DWW thing? I dunno. Maybe; maybe not. And, for that matter, I am utterly sure that many (I can't prove it, but I believe it's by far "most") times when a white cop pulls over a black guy, it's not because he really wants to open up the conversation with, "Excuse me, sir; did you realize how black you were driving?" but restrains himself.
Quote:

It's pretty clear that the cops were 100% asshole -- and that designation knows no skin color.
Well, yeah.

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.