Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:35 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 
 Police Sodomize Man with Taser? 
 Post subject: Police Sodomize Man with Taser?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:09 am 
Longtime Regular

Recording here

Quote:
Boise ombudsman says police officer used excessive force in an arrest this year

A report issued Wednesday by Boise Community Ombudsman Pierce Murphy found that a Boise police officer who used a Taser on a suspect's buttocks violated the police department's use-of-force policy.

Boise Police Chief Michael Masterson, in a release, said he agreed with Murphy's conclusion that serious policy violations were made by that officer and another officer who erased a recording of an interview with the suspect at the jail. The two officers, whose names were not released, were among eight officers who responded to the incident in early 2009.

The Boise Police Department did an internal investigation, and both employees were disciplined; details on the discipline were not released. It is considered an internal personnel matter, said police spokeswoman Lynn Hightower.

The use-of-force violation occurred during an arrest at a Boise home; the address and the names of the occupants have not been released. Police were called to the house after a report of a fight. While on their way, they learned that a man inside the woman's residence had just been released from jail. They were also told a 3-year-old boy in the home, according to details provided in Murphy's report.

Upon arrival, the officers heard the sounds of a struggle and voices coming from inside. The officers yelled for someone to open the door, and were greeted with a profane comment by a man in the residence. The officers had to kick and push the door open; the man inside was pushing against the door for more than 80 seconds. Once they gained entry, the officers said the suspect did not comply with their demands to get on the ground and stop resisting.

The suspect said that he was hit three times with a Taser after he was already handcuffed and face-down on the floor. Murphy's investigation found evidence that the suspect was hit twice with the Taser — once in the back before he was handcuffed and once in the buttocks after he was cuffed.

Murphy said the officer who used the Taser -— described as Officer #3 in the report — also coarsely threatened to use the Taser in the man's anus and genitals. Murphy's report says that use of Taser on a man's buttock's does not violate policy in and of itself; the question is whether it was "reasonable and necessary."

Upon Murphy’s request, Idaho State Police investigated the incident to determine if there was any criminal wrong-doing on the part of Officer #3. Idaho State Police forwarded a report to the Ada County Prosecutor’s Office, which did not pursue criminal charges against the officer.

The exchange between Officer #3 and the suspect during the incident was captured on a police officer's recorder. Murphy transcribed some of it in his report:

Officer #3: Do you feel this?

Complainant: Yes, sir.

Officer #3: Do you feel that? That’s my -

Complainant: Okay

Officer #3: -Taser up your ass.

Complainant: Okay

Officer #3: So don’t move.

Complainant: I’m trying not to. I can’t breathe.

"This exchange, especially the complainant’s response, strongly suggests that, at that moment anyway, the Taser was pressed between the Complainant’s buttocks and near his anal area," Murphy wrote in his report on the incident.

Two circular burn marks 1 to 2 centimeters in size were found on the suspect's buttocks, Murphy said.

Officer #3 also threatened to use the Taser on the suspect's genitalia.

Here's more of the transcribed recording of the exchange between Officer #3 and the suspect:

Officer #3: Now do you feel this in your balls?

Complainant: I do, sir. I’m not going to move. I’m not gonna move.

Officer #3 Now I’m gonna tase your balls if you move again.

A minute later, this exchange occurred:

Officer #3: Okay, I’m gonna take this Taser out of your asshole now. Are you going to fight with me?

Complainant: No, not at all, sir.

In the Boise police press release Wednesday, police department leaders said Officer #3's actions and language elevates the seriousness of the violation to conduct unbecoming an officer.

Department officials said they also agreed with the ombudsman's findings that another officer, described as Officer #10, acted improperly when he erased the audio recording of a jail interview with the suspect.

Officer #3 has been with the Boise Police Department five years, while Officer #10 is an 18-year veteran of the department.

At the end of his report, Murphy offered some policy and training recommendations to the Boise Police Department.

— Use-of-force investigation policy review. Establish specific standards and procedures needed for those tasked with investigating reportable uses of force by Boise police officers. "It is important that such acts be investigated and documented using consistent, best practices," he said.

— Training regarding positional asphyxia. During the arrest in question, the suspect was placed face-down on the ground and handcuffed with his hands behind his back and had the weight of three officers on his body. "None of the officers seemed to be aware of the possible danger posed by positional asphyxia," Murphy said.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Police Sodomize Man with Taser
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:25 pm 
Longtime Regular

Dean,

I object to the characterization of this incident as "sodomy", and respectfully request that you rename it "police THREATEN to sodomize man with taser."

seriously.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:37 pm 
Longtime Regular

tman065 wrote:
Dean,

I object to the characterization of this incident as "sodomy", and respectfully request that you rename it "police THREATEN to sodomize man with taser."

seriously.

Dean you probably should re-name the thread. These might be more appropriate: "Police Use Toy To Play With Man's Testicles" or "Police Appear Excited Over Man's Anus" or "Police Policy Allows Officers to Play With Suspects Anus and Testicles". :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:49 pm 
Longtime Regular

Traveler wrote:
tman065 wrote:
Dean,

seriously.

Dean you probably should re-name the thread. These might be more appropriate: "Police Use Toy To Play With Man's Testicles" or "Police Appear Excited Over Man's Anus" or "Police Policy Allows Officers to Play With Suspects Anus and Testicles". :roll:

Any of those would be fine. Sodomy has a specific connotation that I don't think the article supports.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:54 pm 
Longtime Regular

I got the title from this article: http://gizmodo.com/5322387/police-sodom ... with-taser

Quote:
Officer #3: Do you feel that? That’s my - Taser up your ass.

Quote:
Officer #3: Okay, I'm gonna take this Taser out of your asshole now. Are you going to fight with me?

Quote:
Officer #3: (to another cop) So far, for the last two minutes, he's been cooperative. But then my Taser's in his ass.

Sounds like sodomy to me.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:53 pm 
Longtime Regular

DeanC wrote:
I got the title from this article: http://gizmodo.com/5322387/police-sodom ... with-taser

Quote:
Officer #3: Do you feel that? That’s my - Taser up your ass.

Quote:
Officer #3: Okay, I'm gonna take this Taser out of your asshole now. Are you going to fight with me?

Quote:
Officer #3: (to another cop) So far, for the last two minutes, he's been cooperative. But then my Taser's in his ass.

Sounds like sodomy to me.

Me also. My previous post was pure sarcasm.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:10 pm 
Longtime Regular

Do I believe that they had the probes of the taser in proximity to his ass and his nuts? Yes.

Do I believe that the device was literally shoved up his ass? No.

Hyperbole to the tune of " I had the barrel of my shotgun shoved so far up his nose it was scraping the inside of his skull."

I stand by my original request.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:41 pm 
The Man

tman065 wrote:
Dean,

seriously.

Speaking as a guy, I join in that request. Speaking as a guy who thinks he has a pretty good record on being pretty down on IIs, I think it's a very bad idea to exaggerate just a little, and it reads to me as that kind of exaggeration. (I'd rather, honest, that you said "Police Stick Taser Up Guy's Rectum So Far It Has to Be Removed by Orthodontist," as that reads as exaggeration for comic effect.)

The Site Owner is not going to come down on forbidding exaggeration. Even when the guy he works for really wishes he could do that, selectively, without negative consequences.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Police Sodomize Man with Taser?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:01 pm 
Longtime Regular

OK, OK I added a question mark to Diaz's original assertion. Due to the fact there is no gastrointestinal video and in light of this:
Quote:
Department officials said they also agreed with the ombudsman's findings that another officer, described as Officer #10, acted improperly when he
erased the audio recording of a jail interview with the suspect.

and despite the officer's verbal claims in the report, there may be enough of a question that he did not in fact sodomize him with the taser.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:21 pm 
Longtime Regular

DeanC wrote:
OK, OK I added a question mark to Diaz's original assertion. Due to the fact there is no gastrointestinal video and in light of this:
Quote:
Department officials said they also agreed with the ombudsman's findings that another officer, described as Officer #10, acted improperly when he
erased the audio recording of a jail interview with the suspect.

and despite the officer's verbal claims in the report, there may be enough of a question that he did not in fact sodomize him with the taser.

I think that's perfectly reasonable. Thanks, Dean.

I had thought that as alternative, sodomize could have been in quotes, but your change works as well. I appreciate it.

Tim

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:43 pm 
Longtime Regular

Jackboots, thugs, sodomy, and buggery all seem to go together so well, as if they were made for each other. There are thousands, tens of thousands, hundreds of thousands of respectable LEO's out there, but the fact that even one of these jackbooted thugs is tolerated in any department, at any level, by any of the "respectable" LEO's, casts a wide and dark shadow on all of them. Looking at life through the eyes of a "civilian" in these past 8 retirement years has brought me to a whole new attitude toward law enforcement personnel. I have long ago abandoned my Diogenes lantern and I pigeon-hole them all as not completely trustworthy.

In this case the officer in question stated that what he was "going" to do was, in fact, sodomy. Whether he did it or not is not really relevant to me. He probably needs to find a date at an alternative-lifestyle bar - with all due respect, etc, etc.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.