Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:16 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 The MGSF Circus: Part (who knows?) 
 Post subject: The MGSF Circus: Part (who knows?)
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:47 am 
Longtime Regular

Sheriff Bobby Fletcher is apparently grabbing at straws now to throw under the bus.

http://www.startribune.com/local/stpaul/51944557.html?page=1&c=y

In a press release he is criticizing a report from 2007 showing the Metro Gang Strike Force as "excellent" as per Bob Bushman, a statewide coordinator for anti-gang task forces. Fletcher conveniently omits a harsh criticism by Bushman in early 2009. The "excellent" report, by the way, was based on direct input of "yes" and "no" answers by Ron Ryan Sr., a former St. Paul Police Department commander who later moved to the Ramsey County Sheriff's office (to become a "friend of Bob") and then to head the Metro Gang Strike Force all during the time of suspected mis-management and corrupt practices.

You couldn't make this stuff up if you wanted to.

Post subject: Re: The MGSF Circus: Part (who knows?)
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:22 am 
Raving Moderate

Much as the Strib irks me a great deal of the time, I'm in full agreement with the columnist (Jon Tevlin?) who recently suggested a court injunction banning members of the MGSF from associating during the Aquatennial, much like the ones banning gang members from associating at public festivals in St. Paul of late. The MGSF has apparently been a gang of thugs itself for quite some time.

The other scary part- how many bad guys are going to get out of jail/prison on technicalities due to MGSF misconduct? :shock:

And Ron Ryan, Sr.? Disgraceful. The man should be ashamed to look in a mirror.

My real name is Jeremiah (go figure). ;)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.