Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:48 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
 Liveblogging the Gang Strike Force Scandal Hearing . . . 
 Post subject: Re: Liveblogging the Gang Strike Force Scandal Hearing . . .
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:38 pm 
Longtime Regular

More news from the Strike Force Gang...I mean Gang Strike Force...

http://kstp.com/news/stories/S1117932.shtml?cat=1

Quote:
Some Former Gang Strike Force Cops Under Review

Representatives from the FBI and the U.S. Attorney's Office met with the head of the Metro Gang Strike Force Investigation Team Wednesday.

Also joining them in the closed-door meeting were officials from the St. Paul and Minneapolis Police departments and the Ramsey County Sheriff's Office.

St. Paul Police Chief John Harrington was blunt after the meeting, calling the discussions 'disappointing.' He says he learned four or five St. Paul officers are accused of wrongdoing while serving on the Strike Force.

"Two of significant interest that the FBI will probably be doing criminal investigations on the others are simply matters of procedure," Harrington said.

St. Paul will launch it's own internal affairs investigations into the officers accused of less serious offenses. The two officers investigated by the FBI will be assigned to deskwork once the investigation starts, according to the department.

"We send good people to the Gang Strike Force so I'm disappointed that the officers that had an outstanding reputation as investigators and street cops before have fallen into this, but they are still innocent until proven guilty," explained Harrington.

Ramsey County Sheriff Bob Fletcher confirmed via e-mail that one of his deputies is accused of handling evidence improperly. He says the sheriff's department is already investigating the matter.
In a media statement, Minneapolis Police Chief Tim Dolan says seven officers have been accused of misconduct.

"The Minneapolis Police Department is extremely disappointed at the scope and serious nature of the allegations regarding some Minneapolis officers assigned to the task force," Dolan wrote.
Public Safety Commissioner Michael Campion says all the departments are cooperating in the investigation.

News to Barney Fletcher: The FBI will be HAPPY to investigate your deputy. STFU and go sit in a corner where you belong.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:59 pm 
Longtime Regular

Bobby will do all he can, and more, to interfere and compromise the FBI investigation. The FBI is fully aware of that. Would you suspect that they would dangle some sort of bait in front of him? I sure wouldn't. No sir. Not the FBI. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:35 am 
Raving Moderate

Traveler wrote:
Bobby will do all he can, and more, to interfere and compromise the FBI investigation. The FBI is fully aware of that. Would you suspect that they would dangle some sort of bait in front of him? I sure wouldn't. No sir. Not the FBI. :lol:

I just had a pleasant naughty thought- Bob Fletcher doing a bit of Federal time... :twisted:

My real name is Jeremiah (go figure). ;)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:55 am 
Longtime Regular

Jeremiah wrote:
Traveler wrote:

I just had a pleasant naughty thought- Bob Fletcher doing a bit of Federal time... :twisted:

That just gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:45 am 
Wise Elder

The MGTF are amateurs compared to this bunch of "Thugs in Blue."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090903/ap_ ... t_in_court

P. S. Lest you think I'm anti-police, the phrase "Thugs in Blue" came from a former MPD Sergeant who was describing why he didn't socialize with other Minneapolis cops, especially younger ones, any more.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.