Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:09 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Cop kicked off MPD for brutality now on trial ... 
 Post subject: Cop kicked off MPD for brutality now on trial ...
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:15 am 
The Man

... in Crookston.

Quote:
A jury trial that was set to begin Oct. 23 for Donald Rasicot, the Crookston Police officer facing three charges in connection with an August 2006 incident, instead turned into an omnibus hearing at which motions were heard. Following the hearing, Judge Michael Kraker set the new trial date for Dec. 17.

Rasicot, 47, allegedly kicked Jason Knutson in the head while in the process of incarcerating him at the Northwest Regional Corrections Center Aug. 20, 2006. Knutson reported the incident to the Polk County Sheriff's Office about a week later, which led to an investigation conducted by Clay County to avoid conflicts of interest. That investigation led to two counts of misconduct of a public official and one count of fifth degree assault filed against Rasicot in February.

Tim Faver of Beltrami County is prosecuting the case on behalf of Polk County. Peter Wold of Minneapolis is representing Rasicot in the matter.

Before being hired in Crookston, Rasicot was dismissed by the City of Minneapolis for using excessive force while employed as a police officer there.

As for the Crookston case, Rasicot is accused of dragging Knutson to a holding cell at the jail and kicking Knutson in the head. In the process, according to the complaint, Knutson received a cut on his head when his head struck the door of the holding cell.

Rasicot has been on paid leave as a city employee since February. An investigation into Rasicot's employment with the city is tracking with the criminal matter, according to City Administrator Aaron Parrish.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:48 pm 
Wise Elder

Quote:
Before being hired in Crookston, Rasicot was dismissed by the City of Minneapolis for using excessive force while employed as a police officer there.

So, why didn't the fabulous Minnesota P.O.S.T. Board jerk his license?
Why did Crookston (what a fine name) hire him?
For his special skills?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:03 pm 
The Man

kimberman wrote:
Quote:

So, why didn't the fabulous Minnesota P.O.S.T. Board jerk his license?
Why did Crookston (what a fine name) hire him?
For his special skills?
I don't know. If only, as I've wished for before, there were some business endeavor that would send out employees to discover such information, then write about it so that it could be printed for public distribution or broadcast.

Alas . . .

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:33 pm 
Longtime Regular

As I've mentioned here before, I went to Bloomington Lincoln HS with this SOB (actually, I didn't know his mother...) . What a complete ass@@@@. He enjoyed picking on kids of lesser size and age than him. He enjoyed others fearing him. He even tried messing with me a few times (I'm one year younger), but quit when I slammed him into a locker face first (I'm also quite a bit taller).

I wasn't surprised when I heard he had become a cop, and even less surprised to hear he was fired for excessive force in Mpls. I'd love to be on his jury. :evil:

"Build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a night. Set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life." ~ unknown

Never been tazered. (yet).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:05 pm 
Longtime Regular

I'm surprised it is known he was fired. Often there is an agreement for silence, except for the letter of reference, which is pre-drafted and agreed to, cop gets back pay and severence pay, and basically gets a bonus to resign.

Small towns often like a tough cop; they believe that the lawsuits for things like excessive force are simply a sign of greedy lawyers, and do not hold it against a similing applicant.

The other cops on a little force often welcome and encourage hiring somebody like this; he won't turn out to be competition with them for promotion or hard work.

The City Manager and a volunteer "Police Commison" probably does the hiring.

Last edited by Dick Unger on Fri Oct 26, 2007 3:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:03 pm 
Longtime Regular

Aquaholic wrote:
As I've mentioned here before, I went to Bloomington Lincoln HS with this SOB (actually, I didn't know his mother...) . What a complete ass@@@@. He enjoyed picking on kids of lesser size and age than him. He enjoyed others fearing him. He even tried messing with me a few times (I'm one year younger), but quit when I slammed him into a locker face first (I'm also quite a bit taller).

I wasn't surprised when I heard he had become a cop, and even less surprised to hear he was fired for excessive force in Mpls. I'd love to be on his jury. :evil:

Sounds like you should have slammed it harder! :wink:

Side Guard Holsters
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.