Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:28 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
 Mpls SWAT Manages to Not Quite Kill Innocent Family 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:54 am 
The Man

Jeremiah wrote:
Joel, if I didn't know better, I'd call you a cynical voter...

:wink:
Well, just a bit. Then again, I've got reasons -- when the business cards for the #2 guy at the union have his title as Consigliere . . .

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:30 am 
Longtime Regular

Quote:
Furthermore, I fear this settlement was from city insurance and no-one has learned anything (except perhaps the victim and perhaps his neighbors).

They have learned. If the media doesn't pick the story up & they can find some leverage to hold you hostage with, the Minneapolis City Attorney will run you into the ground in senseless, extra legal B.S. so that you won't have enough lawyer funds to afford justice.

We were hit a couple days earlier than the Khangs on another botched raid, but you didn't hear about it in the media. Yeah, MPD learned from their mistakes . . . they have to work much harder on supressing the innocent, to avoid paying for their mistakes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:04 am 
Longtime Regular

The current attitude, even with good cops, toward lawsuits is "Bring it on."
I was joking with an LEO friend not long ago.

He was telling a group of us about entering a hidden underground "house" that a someone had built on public property. As things go, it was pretty elaborate, had a working fireplace etc. Some kids had found the opening and the county had it checked and caved in, and the police figured out who occasionally lived there. No crimes committted.

I joked about his not having a warrrant for entering a "homestead", maybe the "resident" was entitled to sue and get money for a real house..... :lol:

Anyway, the automatic response was:

"We welcome lawsuits, love em. We get free attorneys and get paid for our time, and the county and city insurance pays for everything. It just shows we are doing our job."

"We're not intimidated by lawsuits, we've got good lawyers too, and it's free to us."

That is the general attitude cops are learning, from what I can see. "We're right even when we're wrong, people are all sue-happy, lawyers are just greedy, judges are just idiots, screw em."

If taxpayers are tired of paying for these lawsuits against the police , they can rein in the lawyers and judges, but not the cops, is the attitude.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:36 am 
Longtime Regular

That is basically what I am hearing from MPD.

My lawyer costs money, there's doesn't so thety can jerk me around until I can't afford to get jerked around anymore and then I will have to quit, roll over and take it like a good little taxpayer.

The impunity from consequences is mind boggling. Absolutely no oversite, no consequences, no reason for internal affairs to even exist. Might be easier on the taxpayers to put a shelf next to a trashcan, the shelf can hold blank complaint forms and the trashcan can hold the filed ones, no sense paying a living cop to do what furniture could do so well.

All I want is my property back, I don't even really want to sue. The Minneapolis City Attorney is so afraid of actually having to pay (more) out though that they can't admit they made a mistake and just return the property.

Post subject: Re: Mpls SWAT Manages to Not Quite Kill Innocent Family
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:32 pm 
Longtime Regular

Vang Khang, when the fourth amendment didn't protect him, at least the second did.

(I just made that up)

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Mpls SWAT Manages to Not Quite Kill Innocent Family
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:37 pm 
Longtime Regular

DeanC wrote:
Vang Khang, when the fourth amendment didn't protect him, at least the second did.

(I just made that up)

Nice, but it sure took you a while.
:lol:

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.