Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:33 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 SLP Police helped SLPHS Principal Lie to the Public 
 Post subject: SLP Police helped SLPHS Principal Lie to the Public
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:34 am 
Longtime Regular

This is old, but I decided to remove it from the OTJ forum so as not to besmirch anything posted there.

SLP PD helped the SLP HS principal cover up a gun threat with a fake water main break.

Quote:
School superintendent apologizes for her deception; The St. Louis Park official had said that closing the high school on Monday was for a water main break, not a rumor of a security threat.

Date: October 4, 2006
Author: Lonetree, Anthony | Copyright information COPYRIGHT 2006 Star Tribune Co. This material is published under license from the publisher through the Gale Group, Farmington Hills, Michigan. All inquiries regarding rights should be directed to the Gale Group.

Byline: Anthony Lonetree; Staff Writer

A day after defending a school-closing ruse, St. Louis Park Schools Superintendent Debra Bowers has decided that dishonesty is not the best policy.

She apologized to the community and the news media for initially attributing Monday's closure of St. Louis Park High School to a water main break rather than a security concern.

On Sunday night, the superintendent devised the water-main excuse to give Principal Bob Laney and a police liaison officer time to check - and eventually debunk - rumors of potential violence at the school. Laney said he had been concerned that students he'd wanted to interview Monday morning might clam up ...

Last edited by DeanC on Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:48 am 
Longtime Regular

I remember that, but, since my kid is in elementary school, the first thing I heard was a letter from the school district after the fact. It said violence, not a water main.

--------------------
Next MN carry permit class: TBD.

Permit to Carry MN
--------------------

jason <at> metrodefense <dot> com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:06 am 
Longtime Regular

The water main ruse lasted less than a day, but long enough had there really been a problem that none of the citizens would have been able to prepare for a gunman loose in the neighborhood.

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.