Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:50 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Deputy Charged With Spending Shifts At Home 
 Post subject: Deputy Charged With Spending Shifts At Home
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:53 am 

http://wcco.com/crime/deputy.shift.home.2.694434.html

Quote:
ST. JAMES, Minn. (WCCO) ― A Minnesota sheriff's deputy is in trouble, accused of spending large chunks of his shifts at home.

According to a criminal complaint, Joseph Dahl's bosses in Watonwan County say they got suspicious when a GPS tracker in his squad kept getting turned off. He told them that he was having problems with the system but another deputy who used Dahl's squad car didn't notice any problems.

So an investigator from a neighboring county secretly installed another GPS unit into Dahl's squad car. The investigator compared those GPS records to Dahl's daily log. The criminal complaint, filed in Watonwan County, said that the new GPS unit caught Dahl spending hours at home when he said he was patrolling county roads.

Dahl has been charged with theft and misconduct of a public officer. He faces prison time and fines for getting paid without doing the work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 6:19 am 
Longtime Regular

What...?

He was 'working from home!' Lots of people are doing it now! What with the price of gas an all... It's all the rage in the big cities! He was just trying to save the county some money.

Mostly-

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:34 am 
Longtime Regular

mostlylawabidingcitizen wrote:
He was 'working from home!

Hell, I bet he can see the road from his living room.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:45 am 
Longtime Regular

As a tax payer I don't know if I should be pissed that he's not patrolling the roads, or if I should be happy because of all the money he's saving the tax payers on gas. :roll: :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:56 pm 
On time out

stupid is as stupid does......Once they bust you on the frequently "dead" GPS. would you still go home and watch tv or sleep when you were on the clock?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.