Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:30 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Bravery, valor take a bow at Minneapolis City Hall 
 Post subject: Bravery, valor take a bow at Minneapolis City Hall
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:14 pm 

Quote:
In all, 39 officers and others received awards Monday for heroic or otherwise notable efforts in Minneapolis. Several saved a life with quick thinking and action.

http://www.startribune.com/local/259814 ... tModules:5

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:53 pm 
Longtime Regular

Bravery, valor take a bow at Minneapolis City Hall

Wow, bravery and valor? Who writes this stuff?

Quote:
Other acts for which the Medal of Valor was given included...a SWAT operation in which seven officers wearing bullet-proof vests placed themselves in front of children caught in a crossfire.

There you have it folks. Raid the wrong house and get a medal.

Last edited by Andrew Rothman on Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:56 pm 
Forum Moderator

http://www.startribune.com/local/260830 ... tModules:1

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:17 am 
Longtime Regular

Greg wrote:
http://www.startribune.com/local/26083024.html?location_refer=Homepage:highlightModules:1

Quote:
"They fired 22 rounds with 9 millimeter automatic weapons into a room with two adults and four children," Heffelfinger said. "That's not protecting kids. They were firing at a room they couldn't see into. They fired with the intent to kill the person on the other side of the door.

"To give these men awards for that behavior is nothing more than an attempt to sanitize their conduct."

Heffelfinger also said the family had lived at the house for four years and had no history of wrongdoing. He said police "failed to do their homework" and "acted outrageously once they got there."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:34 am 
Journeyman Member

[Can't sleep. This thread doesn't help.]

Maybe I'm from another planet, but shouldn't a natural human reaction to this incident involve embarassment, shame, and contrition?

Too bad none of the officers turned down the award.

Seems like this thread should be moved to Isolated Incidents...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:48 am 
On time out

the only way they should have received anything was to have it stapled to their forehead. or delivered with a rubber glove....

THEY NEARLY kILLED A FAMILY OF EIGHT BY ACCIDENT!!!!!!!! Tim Dolan should be on the coals for this, and the City Council should be thanking their lucky stars none of those 22 shots killed anyone or they would be paying out millions of tax pay dollars (I am sure its going to cost the cilty at least a million for "emotional suffering" ) in settlements.

Right now, the Chief, the Head of SWAT, the Head of Task force, the officers involved in vetting the information from the CI, AND the judge who signed off on the bad paperwork should be walking the street and asking places if they need someone to work the drive up window.

Again as I have posted before, the settlements to the family need to come out of the police budgets and retirement accounts. It needs to cost these people directly and it needs to cost the other good cops directly so that they start saying "hey wait a minute, your a dumb ass who cost me my raise. I don't want you in my force any more..." thats the only way to clean from the inside out.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.