Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:11 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Goodhue County-32 Days 
 Post subject: Goodhue County-32 Days
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:05 pm 

Received my permit today on Day 32. Contacted sheriff's office on Day 31 and was told they weren't able to get it done by the time the mail was picked up on Day 30, so it was mailed on Day 31. I now have a question after looking at my permit. It is laminated and the lamination is much larger than a driver's license or credit card. I know there are legal requirements for a sign that is to posted by an establishment if they want to ban guns on their premises. Is the size of the lamination on the permit a legal requirement or can it be trimmed to better facilitate it fitting in my wallet? It may seem to be a trivial question, but sometimes minutia is important.

Last edited by Chunkychuck on Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Goodhue County
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:20 pm 
The Man

Chunkychuck wrote:
Received my permit today on Day 32. Contacted sheriff's office on Day 31 and was told they weren't able to get it done by the time the mail was picked up on Day 30, so it was mailed on Day 31. I now have a question after looking at my permit. It is laminated and the lamination is much larger than a driver's license or credit card. I know there are legal requirements for a sign that is to posted by an establishment if they want to ban guns on their premises. Is the size of the lamination on the permit a legal requirement or can it be trimmed to better facilitate it fitting in my wallet? It may seem to be a trivial question, but sometimes minutia is important.

There's nothing at all wrong with trimming the plastic around the actual card thingee. IMHO, and all. Back when I was getting yearly laminated permits (before 2003, that's what MPD did when issuing one-year permits), I always did.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Goodhue County-32 Days
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:56 pm 

i trimmed mine down....it aint the nicest job but it fits my wallet.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Goodhue County-32 Days
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:11 am 
Longtime Regular

My first permit wasn't even laminated. I had to do it myself.

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.