Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:29 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Ramsey County - 12 days! 
 Post subject: Ramsey County - 12 days!
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:33 pm 

You read that right - we applied on the morning of 8/11, and we got our permits in the mail this afternoon (8/23). I won't speculate as to why ours went so smoothly (since I honestly don't know - other than there was no reason for them not to!), but clearly Ramsey County is getting at least some permits turned around promptly!

By the way, we are new residents to MN. I doubt that made any difference one way or the other, but just for your own info... (I.E. these were not renewals)

"It is only as retaliation that force may be used and only against the man who starts its use. No, I do not share his evil or sink to his concept of morality: I merely grant him his choice, destruction, the only destruction he had a right to choose: his own." - John Galt, from Atlas Shrugged

Post subject: Re: Ramsey County - 12 days!
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:38 pm 
The Man

JGalt wrote:
You read that right - we applied on the morning of 8/11, and we got our permits in the mail this afternoon (8/23). I won't speculate as to why ours went so smoothly (since I honestly don't know - other than there was no reason for them not to!), but clearly Ramsey County is getting at least some permits turned around promptly!

By the way, we are new residents to MN. I doubt that made any difference one way or the other, but just for your own info... (I.E. these were not renewals)
Cool.

And, just to be fair, as far as I know, none of my students have been denied in Ramsey since one in 2003. In fact, the one time that there was a minor problem -- the student hadn't written her address on the certificate -- Deputy Rossman called me to verify that it was the same address as that on her application, and that ended the problem right there.

That said, I do suggest to everybody who might have any paper at all on them to, if they live in Ramsey, just get the Utah permit instead, and get a purchase permit locally.

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.