Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:46 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 New Gun Bill 
 Post subject: New Gun Bill
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:44 pm 

Hope all are very happy with the liberal election outcome and protecting our 2nd amendment rights.

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/billtex ... =h110-6257

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:53 pm 

Notice it's sponsored & co-sponsored by Republicans. What the hell is that about anyway?

MM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:58 pm 
Longtime Regular

It was also introduced in what is for all intents and purposes the "previous" legislative session.

I'm not saying it won't be introduced again in the 111th Congress, but this baby is dead for now.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 3:15 pm 
Longtime Regular

a911scanner wrote:
Notice it's sponsored & co-sponsored by Republicans. What the hell is that about anyway?

Republicans are not the party of conservatism any more.

Notice that McCain went after Obama (and vice-versa) on issues where they disagreed... notice that guns were not a part of the campaign disccusion at any point...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:51 pm 

DeanC wrote:
It was also introduced in what is for all intents and purposes the "previous" legislative session.

I'm not saying it won't be introduced again in the 111th Congress, but this baby is dead for now.

Good Point Dean! At least we can all enjoy the next 60 days with little more to worry about than paying for food & presents (& the damn in-laws).

We can start worrying again next year. By then, there will be no more ammo available in the lower 48. :P

MM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:17 pm 
Longtime Regular

a911scanner wrote:
Good Point Dean! At least we can all enjoy the next 60 days with little more to worry about than paying for food & presents

I am worrying about if my firearms and mags are going to be in before the glorious day.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:30 am 
Poet Laureate

a911scanner wrote:

MM

Why the surprise? Haven't you heard? The USA has a one party system. It's called the Republicrats.
(Sometimes you'll hear it called the "Democans", but that's usually from the southerners... :) )

Just ask Norm Coleman. He's got the senatorial-one-party-platform-voting-system down to a "T".

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.