Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:42 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours




Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ] 
 Sorry for not posting here earlier 
Author Message
 Post subject: Sorry for not posting here earlier
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 6:11 am 
Journeyman Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 20, 2009 8:34 am
Posts: 85
Location: Northwest Suburbs
Hello..I first must apologize to the forum members for not having posted here before I posted in some other areas. I too tend to get a little overzealous when I see or hear something I must comment on.. Anyway, I have been around guns all my life and spent a couple of Cold War years in the Military. Have had a ptc since the mid 80's and did not attempt to renew it when I moved to the metro in 98. Should have but that is past. I recently applied in Hennepin County and am still waiting. Wiil post the time it took when it arrives. Having been a previous permit holder I am sure it will not be denied. Thank you all for allowing me to be a member of the forum and I look forward to lots of great info


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 7:22 am 
Raving Moderate
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2006 12:46 pm
Posts: 1292
Location: Minneapolis
No apology needed. Welcome aboard!

_________________
I'm liberal, pro-choice, and I carry a gun. Any questions?

My real name is Jeremiah (go figure). ;)


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 12:50 pm 
Longtime Regular
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2005 10:24 am
Posts: 6767
Location: Twin Cities
Posting an intro here is an option, not a requirement. Welcome!

_________________
* NRA, UT, MADFI certified Minnesota Permit to Carry instructor, and one of 66,513 law-abiding permit holders. Read my blog.


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 1:15 pm 
Member

Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:39 pm
Posts: 32
Location: Twin Cities
Welcome!!

_________________
Glock,
Smith&Wesson
Ruger
Beretta owner


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 2:19 pm 
Longtime Regular
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:40 pm
Posts: 2264
Location: Eden Prairie
Welcome!


Offline
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 7:38 pm 
The Man
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2005 5:43 am
Posts: 7970
Location: Minneapolis MN
Yeah, welcome. Posting here first is a great idea, but it's not necessary, and not required -- apology accepted, but unnecessary.

Enjoy. And who was -- oh, nevermind; we can save that for later. :)

_________________
Just a guy.


Offline
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Who was who?
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 7:41 pm 
Journeyman Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 20, 2009 8:34 am
Posts: 85
Location: Northwest Suburbs
joelr wrote:
Yeah, welcome. Posting here first is a great idea, but it's not necessary, and not required -- apology accepted, but unnecessary.

Enjoy. And who was -- oh, nevermind; we can save that for later. :)


Who was who Joel?


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Who was who?
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 7:42 pm 
The Man
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2005 5:43 am
Posts: 7970
Location: Minneapolis MN
diskdoctr@yahoo.com wrote:
joelr wrote:
Yeah, welcome. Posting here first is a great idea, but it's not necessary, and not required -- apology accepted, but unnecessary.

Enjoy. And who was -- oh, nevermind; we can save that for later. :)


Who was who Joel?
It's a common question here: assuming you've taken a Minnesota permit to carry class: who was your instructor?

_________________
Just a guy.


Offline
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Who was who?
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 8:16 pm 
Journeyman Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 20, 2009 8:34 am
Posts: 85
Location: Northwest Suburbs
joelr wrote:
diskdoctr@yahoo.com wrote:
joelr wrote:
Yeah, welcome. Posting here first is a great idea, but it's not necessary, and not required -- apology accepted, but unnecessary.

Enjoy. And who was -- oh, nevermind; we can save that for later. :)


Who was who Joel?
It's a common question here: assuming you've taken a Minnesota permit to carry class: who was your instructor?


You are not going to like my answer......Shades Landing..Gary and Jason Shade. It was a good class actually, all but a couple of people were experienced gun owners/handlers


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 8:18 pm 
The Man
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2005 5:43 am
Posts: 7970
Location: Minneapolis MN
I'm glad you enjoyed the class.

_________________
Just a guy.


Offline
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 8:22 pm 
Journeyman Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 20, 2009 8:34 am
Posts: 85
Location: Northwest Suburbs
joelr wrote:
I'm glad you enjoyed the class.


A couple of references to you were made (all great btw) and your book was strongly recommended and most of us purchased it


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 8:24 pm 
The Man
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2005 5:43 am
Posts: 7970
Location: Minneapolis MN
diskdoctr@yahoo.com wrote:
joelr wrote:
I'm glad you enjoyed the class.


A couple of references to you were made (all great btw) and your book was strongly recommended and most of us purchased it
Very nice of him. Any idea where he gets them from?

_________________
Just a guy.


Offline
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 8:28 pm 
Journeyman Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 20, 2009 8:34 am
Posts: 85
Location: Northwest Suburbs
joelr wrote:
diskdoctr@yahoo.com wrote:
joelr wrote:
I'm glad you enjoyed the class.


A couple of references to you were made (all great btw) and your book was strongly recommended and most of us purchased it
Very nice of him. Any idea where he gets them from?


If you are talking about the book, no I would have no way to know that...They had a few copies at the class. They are certified instructors and the class met my schedule, that's about it


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 10:36 pm 
Senior Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:26 pm
Posts: 385
Welcome aboard, be careful not to push the red button...

Image


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 8:21 am 
The Man
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2005 5:43 am
Posts: 7970
Location: Minneapolis MN
diskdoctr@yahoo.com wrote:
joelr wrote:
diskdoctr@yahoo.com wrote:
joelr wrote:
I'm glad you enjoyed the class.


A couple of references to you were made (all great btw) and your book was strongly recommended and most of us purchased it
Very nice of him. Any idea where he gets them from?


If you are talking about the book, no I would have no way to know that...They had a few copies at the class. They are certified instructors and the class met my schedule, that's about it
That's fine, honest. If anybody has any snarky comments about that or related matters -- and such things have been known to happen -- let's not have then in Newbie Corner, as the site owner forbids that, and I know the guy pretty well, and wouldn't want to argue with him about it.

_________________
Just a guy.


Offline
 Profile E-mail  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours


 Who is online 

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron


 
Index  |  FAQ  |  Search

phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group