Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:45 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Howdy all! 
 Post subject: Howdy all!
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 12:57 pm 

Hopefully I'm not posting here too soon, I haven't officially become permit holder yet, but I'll be taking Joel's class at the end of this month. I've been looking around trying to glean as much knowledge as I can and hopefully I won't make a complete boob out of myself if I decide to chime in somewhere. :)

"Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms, as the blackest." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 1:02 pm 
Longtime Regular

Welcome. GREAT avatar. I'm partial to the magical moving 8-ball Shirt gif one myself ... :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 1:06 pm 

Thanks, it's just a crop of this pic I did: http://pablowapsi.deviantart.com/art/Sugarbear-71126682

"Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms, as the blackest." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 1:06 pm 
Raving Moderate

Welcome aboard!

My real name is Jeremiah (go figure). ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 1:46 pm 

Welcome, pablobear!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 3:15 pm 
Longtime Regular

Welcome, Pablo! This is a great place for some informal learning, before the formal learning begins.

You're a bit of a hero around here, so don't mind the shameless fawning. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 3:35 pm 
Longtime Regular

Hey, there's no prerequisite requirement for posting here. Wapsi Square is awesome, BTW, so thank you!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 4:30 pm 

*feels all shucks* Thanks guys! This is a great welcome! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 12:57 pm 
Longtime Regular

Ok So I just discovered Wapsi Square after following the links on your post. Man, I stayed up till 3:00 am last night reading the strip. I'm really dragging my behind today.

Anyway, welcome to TCC. :o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 2:24 pm 

@Dee, thanks kindly for checking out the comic and for the welcome. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 5:57 pm 
Longtime Regular

Welcome to the forum. I know you will fit right in... keep asking questions. :D

Side Guard Holsters
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 8:18 pm 

Welcome from sunny Faribault 8)

"There are good men and bad men of all nationalities, creeds and colors; and if this world of ours is ever to become what we hope some day it may become, it must be by the general recognition that the man's heart and soul, the man's worth and actions, determine his standing."
-Theodore Roosevelt

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 10:32 pm 

Welcome to the forum :)

In addition:

Last edited by gman1868 on Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:05 pm 

Thanks much for the additional welcomes! :D

I went down to the sheriff's office today and turned in my paperwork, I'm already aware that Hennepin will take the full 30+ days to mail me my permit, but damn that was an unfriendly environment. They were professional but damn near bordering on rude (in a very passive aggressive way). I don't think that they ever looked me in the eye and my two year old said "bye" to them quite politely and they never acknowledged him.

Sad to say, I wasn't surprised in the least at their demeanor.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:03 pm 
Journeyman Member

pablobear wrote:
Thanks much for the additional welcomes! :D

I went down to the sheriff's office today and turned in my paperwork, I'm already aware that Hennepin will take the full 30+ days to mail me my permit, but damn that was an unfriendly environment. They were professional but damn near bordering on rude (in a very passive aggressive way). I don't think that they ever looked me in the eye and my two year old said "bye" to them quite politely and they never acknowledged him.

Sad to say, I wasn't surprised in the least at their demeanor.

Yes they will take very close to the 30 days they are allowed. I have been waiting 26 days today and no permit yet. I experienced the same demeanor you did. As for looking you in the eye, they don't need to cuz you were on camera the whole time. Good luck with your app.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.