Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:21 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Can't turn back now 
 Post subject: Can't turn back now
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:15 pm 

Well hello all,

Just joined up to the forum, and thought I would join the throngs of members introducing themselves. I am exactly 7 days into owning a handgun. Owned rifles since I was 12. Single shot .22 bolt action, what more could a kid want Christmas morning 1988. Well that and 2 x 50 round boxes of .22 ammo. Anyway for the past year or so I have been hitting the local shooting ranges with friends. In hitting the range I found and tried putting a couple hundred rounds through a PX4 - 9mm. I fell in love with the feel of the gun within just a few pulls of the trigger. So last weekend the stars aligned, and I I bought a new PX4 Storm. Have hit the range twice and thrown about 450 rounds through the gun, and I can say I couldn't be happier. Though I will say the pocketbook is gonna be hurting by the looks of it. Plan on getting to a carry class pretty soon, work keeps me on the road a lot but once again the stars have aligned and I should be home for the next 4 months working on projects. Makes it a lot easier to get to a class. Then just wait for Hennipen County to sign off. I actually have no reason currently to carry, I feel. My main purpose I suppose is because I have the right to obtain one. Anyway it has been a fun week getting to know and learn this particular firearm and the bug has deffinately bit. I can see a lot of purchases down the road. One being a nice .22 pistol for when I want to throw a lot of lead at the range. Second, I can see a nice compact pistol for carrying, once again because by that time I will have the little card that says I can.

It's been a bit of a rambling introduction, but hey that is the way I am.

Last for the thread containing all of the

IANAL
IAALBNYL

I thought it was funny that no one came up with

IANALBIDSAAHIELN
(I am not a Lawyer, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night)
:P

Brian

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Can't turn back now
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:18 pm 
Longtime Regular

Welcome! :wink:

-Mark

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:07 pm 

Welcome!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dOHEw8izno

IINACCEBIDSAAHIELN

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:09 pm 

Welcome!

Am glad to see someone liking the PX4 -- I have a CX4 in .40 and once thought I'd get the PX4 in .40 as well -- wound up going the 1911 route instead :)
B

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:11 pm 
Longtime Regular

I got to shoot BrianB's PX4 the other night. He's got the DAO version, and man, if I had known that gun felt that damn good awhile back, there would be one of those sitting in my safe instead of a Glock.

I think it may have less recoil than my P7, and that is saying something.

-Mark

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:15 am 
Gun-Toting Liberal

Welcome to the forum.

"We are therefore persuaded that the Due Process Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment incorporates the Second Amendment and applies it against the states and local governments." Nordyke v. King 4/20/09

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:58 am 
Longtime Regular

Welcome, Brian.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.