Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:01 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 New from Mankato/Le Sueur/Saint Peter 
 Post subject: Re: New from Mankato/Le Sueur/Saint Peter
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:26 pm 
Longtime Regular

Welcome.

When spring comes around (we are done for this season) some of us shoot summer Action Pistol sports, IDPA / IPSC at clubs near Mankato (KCCC) and Kilkenny/Shieldsville (Faribault Rifle & Pistol Club) if you are interested. Doesn't sound too far from your location.

Cantact me about May 1 for more information.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:47 pm 

I am actually a member of KCCC. I would like to do some of the IDPA/IPSC next year, and will be looking forward to it.

-mrokern: Yeah, every two seconds my hand is down checking to see how much of my gun is exposed. Hopefully the paranoia of it going off will pass as well. It seems to be already.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:10 pm 
Longtime Regular

joelr wrote:
Sure. I wouldn't have sent anybody to this site without documenting errors there -- but it looks like they cleaned them up. Did I miss any that they left? (#37 is obviously incomplete and misleading, but it's not wrong, anymore. And while there's a lot wrong with #24, still, it's better than it used to be, although I note that they carefully don't give a cite for "Offices and courtrooms of the Minnesota Supreme Court and Court of Appeals," and that the posting stuff is still, well, wrong.)

There seems to have been little improvement from when I pointed out the many errors to the BCA three years ago.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:16 pm 
The Man

I thought I saw a few; maybe I'm misremembering.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:40 am 
Raving Moderate

BrianB wrote:
Quote:
38. When does my permit expire?
Any 5 year permit expires at 12:00 P.M. midnight on the date of expiration listed on the permit.

well if you want to nit pick for fun a little. There is no such time as "12:00 PM midnight".

Does that mean my permit never expires? :wink:
BTW, welcome to the Forum, peter94!

My real name is Jeremiah (go figure). ;)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:23 am 

Welcome to the forum, Peter! How are things down in good 'ol Mankato these days? I haven't been down there in awhile (attended MSU, class of '00)....

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:31 am 

Things are going well in Mankato. There is alot of construction going on around campus, which is an inconvienience, however it is nice to have some new buildings, etc. So far there is a new residence hall, and a new science building. However I have noticed alot more red incident report flyers up. Alot of people getting sexually assulted, etc. One incident I rember included a pizza guy getting robbed at gunpoint right outside of our old apartment building. They claim campus is one of the safest places too....

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:56 am 

Well, one can never bee too careful. I lived off campus, down at the bottom of Gage hill on James Ave. I remember many nights walking home down that hill....very dark and surrounded by woods.

Nice to hear that the campus continues to improve. They were building the new sports complex when I was graduating. I went down there a few years later and I barely recognized the campus....lots of new stuff.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:57 pm 

You should see the sports complex. Wow! Every treadmill has its own computer (actually, every machine that you use has its own PC attached to it). I should really use it more....

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:34 am 
1911 tainted

peter94 wrote:
I am actually a member of KCCC. I would like to do some of the IDPA/IPSC next year, and will be looking forward to it.

People do carpool from Mankato over to the IDPA leagues in Faribault on Wednesdays. If that interests you' let me know and I will get you in touch with them.

IDPA is in jeopardy in Mankato, not as much interest as years past and maybe the cost of ammunition deterred some from shooting regularly. Unless a couple KCCC members step up and take it over, don't know if it is going to happen in 2010.

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.