Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:56 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Titanium Framed Taurus 85? 
 Post subject: Titanium Framed Taurus 85?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:19 pm 

Anyone have any experience with the Ti frame Taurus 85? I found one used with a ported 2" barrel. VERY light, of course, but I am concerned about long term wear (I like to shoot, so it would be more than a carry piece), and the report of the ported barrel.

Larry in Rochester

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:28 am 
Longtime Regular

Dave M. on the board has one. At least I think his is Ti. (He changed his screen name and I can't remember what it is now.) I've shot it and the porting does make is flash more than without. I have one without the porting. The nifty thing is though, once your pupils get back to normal size, the gun is right on target. The porting does reduce muzzle climb.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:35 pm 

I have a CHULT with about 3000 rounds through it. The revolver locks up occasionally and it seems to be getting pretty loose generally. It still shoots good and I suppose Tarus will rebuild it for me when it gets bad enough. Hank.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:10 pm 
Journeyman Member

My wife has carried a light blue titanium 85 and there is no problem with wear. She does not shoot a lot of ammo at any given time though.
I did have a gunsmith lighten up the springs and now she really likes it. She has arthritus problems with her fingers so the re-work really helped.
Nice little gun. So far I think that Taurus is under-rated. I have a few of different calibers and like them very much.

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.