Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:08 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ] 
 KelTec P11 trigger broke 
 Post subject: KelTec P11 trigger broke
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:36 pm 

I just got a keltec P11 and fired 3 rounds thru it and then it jammed. In figuring out what happened I found that the trigger has no "spring" to it and won't fire the gun. I guess I'll be going back to Cabela's soon

Any others seen similar behavior? Can't say I'm impressed.

Post subject: Re: KelTec P11 trigger broke
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:40 pm 
Longtime Regular

GunsandTrucks wrote:
I just got a keltec P11 and fired 3 rounds thru it and then it jammed. In figuring out what happened I found that the trigger has no "spring" to it and won't fire the gun. I guess I'll be going back to Cabela's soon

Any others seen similar behavior? Can't say I'm impressed.

I've never had an issue with my p3at, however, I'd call KT before I ran back to Cabelas, maybe there's something that's simple that they'll walk you through. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:04 pm 

Some people have had problems with KT trigger springs breaking, usually attributed to rust. In general all parts are user replaceable pretty easily and they will send you the parts for free.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:10 pm 
Longtime Regular

Call Kel-tec and they will make it right. If your handy, they will send you new springs and generally a new mag for your problem.

I have never had a problem with my P11.

Side Guard Holsters
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:43 pm 

Thanks everyone. I'll give Keltec a call (have to lookup the number). I've had two Rugers, a Taurus, and an Interarms Firestar and none have had problems like this especially not after only 3 rounds. Out of the ordinary in my experience.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:16 pm 
Longtime Regular

kel-tec 321-631-0068

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:25 am 

I called Kel-Tec and they said they need it sent back so they could look at it.
So I sent if off last night via UPS. We'll see how it goes. Hope this gets resolved well and soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:49 pm 
Longtime Regular

GunsandTrucks wrote:
I called Kel-Tec and they said they need it sent back so they could look at it.
So I sent if off last night via UPS. We'll see how it goes. Hope this gets resolved well and soon.

Usually only 2-3 weeks and many times you get an extra mag out of the deal.

Side Guard Holsters
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:17 pm 

I got the gun back and a sheet inside said all the internal parts were replaced and the mag catch or grip was replaced. I took it to the range and it seems to work fine now. They polished the feed ramp too.

However, I still haven't received what I paid for shipping. I will be calling them soon regarding that. I didn't receive a magazine or anything either.

So far, I'm not really impressed with Kel-Tec.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:23 am 

RU familiar with
http://www.ktog.org/
There is a lot of good info on Keltec here. I would not give up on the Keltec yet (who am I to talk I just got mine). They are extremly reasonable on their price point, lifetime warentee, but sometimes have bugs. Their customer service is really good and they will work with you. Be patient and hopfully the bugs are worked out for you. There are a lot o issus and work arounds posted on the Ktog forum hopfully it will help you out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:54 am 

Thanks. I've heard of KTOG. I will try to post over there too.

So far the gun works since I got it back. Only had it to the range once since then though.

However, they won't reimburse all the shipping! They only pay so much.
The gal on the phone didn't tell me that. She only said include a copy of
the shipping charges in the box and they'd reimburse me. If I'd known they wouldn't reimburse all of it, I would have taken the gun back to where I bought it and had them deal with it.

I don't think I'll ever buy another Kel-Tec product again. Bad product and very bad service. The gal just kept telling me their policy and she couldn't believe someone not telling me they only reimburse so much. Unbelieveable!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:15 am 

Wait, so a gun that works(and is in its own price/perf/size class), services and parts required supplied for free along with extra services make for a bad gun and horrible customer experience because you had to pay for a something like a box of ammo worth of shipping?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:36 am 
Longtime Regular

Well, yeah. When a brand new product doesn't work, and you have to pay $30 or so and go through a lot of hassle to get to where it should have been in the first place, that is a piss-poor customer service experience.

Keltec ought to have been falling over themselves to apologize, not parroting a silly policy.

I had had my Ruger P95 for a year or so and was taking it apart to clean it when the recoil spring assembly lost its c-clip and sent springs sproinging across my kitchen. I gathered up the pieces, except for the tiny c-clip.

Ruger calls it a "Recoil Spring Collar Retainer" and lists it for 50 cents MSRP.

I called Ruger, told them what happened, and asked to order a new clip. They took my address, but declined to take payment info. Well, cool.

I expected them to tape the little thing to a piece of paper and send it in a business envelope, so I was confused when I got a heavily padded shipping envelope a few days later.

Inside was a small bag of half a dozen clips, as well as a complete recoil spring assembly (MSRP $19.50).

That's customer service.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:19 pm 

Thank's Andrew! Well said.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:01 pm 
Journeyman Member

You got it Andrew. The experience is what it is all about.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.