Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:10 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Bianchi speed strips 
 Post subject: Bianchi speed strips
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:57 am 

My local shop doesn't have the rubber speed strips for reloading a revolver. In fact, he hadn't even heard of them!

Where do y'all buy them in the state? I presume any major dealer would have 'em as would Gander...

I guess I'll peruse the tables at the gun show on the 13th/14th in Willmar to see if anyone has them.

Anyone have a pair that they no longer use? They're fairly inexpensive; Midway has them on sale for $5.99 in their latest flyer (flier?).

jb

John Farnam (I believe)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:07 am 
Longtime Regular

If you're in the cities, Frontiersman had a box last time I was in.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:22 am 
Longtime Regular

I bought mine from Midway.

I also made my own for my 32 H&R Magnum. I'm sure you could for a 38 or what caliber you wanted too. I used sheet rubber about 3/16 thick cut to about 5/8 wide. Punched out the holes with an empty case. For the 32, I used a 38 case as a punch. I then slit between every other set of holes to ease the release of the case. The Bianche speed strips work best but the home made ones for the 32 work fine too.

Speed strips are my carry method for revolver reloads since they fit in the pocket so much better than speed loaders. I use speed loaders for revolver range work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:56 pm 

Plblark is spot on, I just bought a pair at the Frontiersman last week. As for Gander......well, they didn't even know what the hell they were :roll:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.