Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:46 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 157 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
 Attitudes of Gun Shops in Cities? 
 Post subject: Bought a Taurus 24/7 there this morning
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:51 am 
Journeyman Member

Kevin was great to deal with.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:05 am 
Longtime Regular

replicant_argent wrote:
lets see.... go to search bar... type in "DK Mags new brighton"
That was easy, now wasn't it?
And took.... let's see........3.4 seconds. Now.... how long did it take me to post this useless post?

Wow 39 post, you must be exhausted by now.
Thanks for taking all the extra time to help someone out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:11 am 

Well, just goes to show how aware I am... looks like the place is next door to the Dairy Queen I go to from time to time.

This could end up being pretty bad for both my waistline and my wallet :shock:

Post subject: Re: Attitudes of Gun Shops in Cities?
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:39 pm 

I'm a first time handgun owner who knows absolutely nothing about this sport so to say I'm green is an understatement. I live in Blaine so given that Bill's North is just a few minutes from my house, I started my handgun adventure with them. I took their handgun basics course and Teresa was my instructor. She was awesome and super helpful. I then returned a couple weeks later and bought a Sig P226 from a guy named "Scott." He just started there a couple months ago. He was one of the nicest guys I've ever done ANY kind of business with. As a total newb who knows nothing, he showed me all kinds of guns and didn't push me into anything. In fact, he tried to talk me out of the Sig - saying while it was an awesome gun, I would probably be just as happy with the Springfield XD and could save a few bucks (I was also considering the XD).

So for anyone else that is new to this and just as green as I am, I highly recommend you check out Bill's North and ask for Scott. He's a great guy to deal with. All gun salesmen should take a lesson from that guy. As long as he keeps up that level of service, I'll give Bill's North my business from here on out - even if I have to pay more for my guns;)

Travis

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 7:02 pm 

I recently purchased a Ruger LCP from Joe's Sporting Goods in Roseville - Ben took care of me. He did a great job and I loved the service and follow-up that I got from them while I was waiting on the pistol to arrive.

I will definitely shop there again.

b

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:16 am 
Longtime Regular

tvanslooten wrote:
I'm a first time handgun owner who knows absolutely nothing about this sport so to say I'm green is an understatement. I live in Blaine so given that Bill's North is just a few minutes from my house, I started my handgun adventure with them. I took their handgun basics course and Teresa was my instructor. She was awesome and super helpful. I then returned a couple weeks later and bought a Sig P226 from a guy named "Scott." He just started there a couple months ago. He was one of the nicest guys I've ever done ANY kind of business with. As a total newb who knows nothing, he showed me all kinds of guns and didn't push me into anything. In fact, he tried to talk me out of the Sig - saying while it was an awesome gun, I would probably be just as happy with the Springfield XD and could save a few bucks (I was also considering the XD).

So for anyone else that is new to this and just as green as I am, I highly recommend you check out Bill's North and ask for Scott. He's a great guy to deal with. All gun salesmen should take a lesson from that guy. As long as he keeps up that level of service, I'll give Bill's North my business from here on out - even if I have to pay more for my guns;)

Travis

There are some good folks at Bill's, the problem is that the service isn't consistent.

I'd recommend Doug at the Robbinsdale location without hesitation. Some of the others there...not so much.

I've started emailing the owner, letting them know about the level of service (good and bad), and have gotten very courteous, well-thought out responses. Change in the air? Eh, probably not...but at least there's a glimmer of hope.

-Mark

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:03 pm 
Longtime Regular

Rgarding Cabela's,

If a employee is rude, Go find the manager a file a complaint. There's plenty of people out there who need a job. You shouldn't have to put up with rueness like that

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 157 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.