Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:03 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 157 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next
 Attitudes of Gun Shops in Cities? 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:18 pm 
Longtime Regular

DeanC wrote:
plblark wrote:
Might have to stop in for lunch today.

Leave your wallet at the office or you might buy yourself a Xmas present. :wink:

Ain't that the truth? I did that on Friday.

--------------------
Next MN carry permit class: TBD.

Permit to Carry MN
--------------------

jason <at> metrodefense <dot> com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:24 pm 
Longtime Regular

princewally wrote:
DeanC wrote:
plblark wrote:
Might have to stop in for lunch today.

Leave your wallet at the office or you might buy yourself a Xmas present. :wink:

Ain't that the truth? I did that on Friday.

You too huh? :lol:

Last edited by DeanC on Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:27 pm 
The Man

Ah. Taurus 44 Specials. Love 'em.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:30 pm 
Longtime Regular

joelr wrote:

Took me ages to find one. A little bigger than I anticipated, but prettier than the new Charter Pugs.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:55 pm 
Longtime Regular

I don't have pictures, yet. I put it on layaway because payday is Friday.

--------------------
Next MN carry permit class: TBD.

Permit to Carry MN
--------------------

jason <at> metrodefense <dot> com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:18 pm 
Longtime Regular

I stopped in at the Gunstop on Saturday just to look around since I don't "need" another gun. Wouldn't you know, they happened to have a .45 ACP that was on my want list at a really good price. I thought about it for 10 or 15 seconds and said the magic words "I'll take it".

Nice people at that shop and a pretty good selection of guns too. When I got home my wife was not nearly as excited about my purchase as I was but she understands my addiction.

If life was fair, Robins couldn't eat worms...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:30 pm 
Delicate Flower

Seems like that permit jumps out all by itself about the same time the credit card does..............don't you love it! :D

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:03 am 
Longtime Regular

DeanC wrote:
joelr wrote:

Took me ages to find one. A little bigger than I anticipated, but prettier than the new Charter Pugs.

Good job Dean on finally finding one!

Side Guard Holsters
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:40 am 
Longtime Regular

Srigs wrote:
DeanC wrote:
joelr wrote:

Good job Dean on finally finding one!

Holster order coming soon. There will be no way to find a factory holster. But, I have to spend some quality time with the gun for a while before I can let it go stay overnight at your house. :wink:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 5:13 pm 

I was at the Gander Mountain in Maple Grove on Thanksgiving to pick up a couple P22s. It was pretty dead when I got there but was busy when I left. I was amazed at how rude some people were to the employees. The big bearded guy that was helping me deflected their obnoxious comments with great wit while keeping the atmosphere friendly. While their selection is fairly small, the staff has always been friendly (significant considering my younger [comparatively] age), helpful, and as knowledgeable as I need them to be.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:25 pm 

Veritas wrote:
I was at the Gander Mountain in Maple Grove... big bearded guy that was helping me...

He's helped me on a few occasions and is very competent.

I had gone to a few places including Bills looking for .357 carry ammo designed for short barreled guns (snubbies). Everyone else just gave me a weird look and a few even told me that there was no such thing.

That guy grabbed a box from the shelf and set it on the counter. "Here ya go."

Skin that smokewagon and see what happens.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:21 pm 
Longtime Regular

JoeH wrote:
Veritas wrote:
I was at the Gander Mountain in Maple Grove... big bearded guy that was helping me...

He's helped me on a few occasions and is very competent.

I had gone to a few places including Bills looking for .357 carry ammo designed for short barreled guns (snubbies). Everyone else just gave me a weird look and a few even told me that there was no such thing.

That guy grabbed a box from the shelf and set it on the counter. "Here ya go."

Great Salesmanship :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

UT BCI Certified Conceal/Carry Instructor

"If you expect the police to always be able to protect you, why are the ones who show up at crimes called 'detectives' instead of 'defenders'? Detectives try to find a criminal after they've committed a crime."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:35 pm 

I have to chime in on this one. And for the record, my policy is "name and shame them". If you have had a bad, or good, experience I want to know WHO and WHERE so that I can immediately head to said establishment for the same great service, or avoid it like the plague.

I really only have one poor experience. I purchased my new XD at J&S in lakeville. During my first visit it took 38 minutes before any one asked if I needed anything. I let them know what I wanted to see, took a look at it and very kindly mentioned it was cheaper on the other side of town. I was promtly told to "go buy it there then" (nor was there any further negotiation, no meeting me halfway, no throwing in a free magazine). Due to my weekend laziness this wasn't going to happen. I placed the firearm on hold for a day so I could hit the bank. The second day when I picked it up I also needed to get 3 magazines and a case. I managed to spend well over 6 bills and got out without a smile and a "come back soon".

I'm buying a new .38 revolver today, I'm going to Gander Mountain. 3 reasons for this: 1)I wont go to J&S again, ever. 2)I've visited and called Gander and was treated well, not great, but certainly no bad. 3)No one in town can touch the price on this piece. I'm not sure how that is, they are more expensive on everything else.

There is my $0.02. I by no means want to insult anyone by sharing my experience, but the public should hear it. I want to thank anyone who "named and shamed" for saving the rest of us the trouble of having to find out for ourselves.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:36 pm 

Sadly what you ran into at J&S I have also experienced. My other hit or miss place is Bill’s South sometimes they are very helpful and other times it is like you are bothering them when you go in to buy something, and after the last time when the guy basically told me I was thief because I didn’t have a receipt for something I will not be going back. The bad thing is it is very true about the old saying that if you have a bad experience you will tell ten people but if you have a good one most people will only tell one or two people if any.

So I am also going to share a good experience.

If you want GREAT service and are on the west side of the cities take a drive out to Victoria and see Seth at Cabin Fever! They do not always have the most hand guns in stock but they have a nice little selection, and if there is something you want they will order it in and the special order is usually less expensive then others around. Plus everyone out there is fun to talk to about any type of sporting needs. The other place I really like to shop is the Gun Stop they are also very helpful and fun to chat with.

just my $0.02

BG

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 4:38 pm 
Longtime Regular

If I had a bad experience at Bill's, I'd calmly and politely ask to speak to Ryan (North) or Joe (South). Joe's the only one I would recognize at the South store and Ryan has always been a big help at the North store. Actually, come to think of it, I have yet to have any issues at the North location.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 157 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.