Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:55 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Night Sights 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 5:19 pm 
Forum Moderator

goalie wrote:
phorvick wrote:
Night sights? Absolutely. I use the Xpress 24-7 Big Dot on my carry gun and there is no downside at all...only great upside.

I had a different experience. While shooting fast and shooting close-up with the XPress sights was easy, I lost a LOT of accuracy out past 10 yards. The front sight was bigger than the target at 20 yards, and did not allow a precise sight picture.

Yes, that is true. My comment about no downside is that for self-defense purposes they are great. They are not target sights :)

Contact us to schedule a class for you and your friends, and check our website for more information http://shootingsafely.com

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 7:03 pm 
on probation

phorvick wrote:
goalie wrote:
phorvick wrote:
Night sights? Absolutely. I use the Xpress 24-7 Big Dot on my carry gun and there is no downside at all...only great upside.

I had a different experience. While shooting fast and shooting close-up with the XPress sights was easy, I lost a LOT of accuracy out past 10 yards. The front sight was bigger than the target at 20 yards, and did not allow a precise sight picture.

Yes, that is true. My comment about no downside is that for self-defense purposes they are great. They are not target sights :)
I use lasergrips on my sig229. Helps alot when point shooting...

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 11:46 am 
Longtime Regular

My wife is/was looking at a S&W .38 special that had the laser grips.

Are the lasergrips that accurate?

How long does the battery last, and what is the cost to replace?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 11:51 am 
on probation

grayskys wrote:
My wife is/was looking at a S&W .38 special that had the laser grips.

Are the lasergrips that accurate?

How long does the battery last, and what is the cost to replace?
My Batt. have been in my sig for 2 years now.. cost is 3.95 for the batt. They are very accurate. For more info call me 612-827-3832 Mark

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 3:13 pm 
Delicate Flower

Real accurate laser grips on my 642 S&W. Without I don't think the 2" barrel affords enough of a sight plane for any degree of accuracy beyond about 10 ft.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Downside of lasergrips
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 10:59 am 

This gets into the topic of should you be looking down range when sighting instead of looking at your pistol. If you become dependant on looking for a laser dot will that affect how you react when you don 't have a laser? Will your ability to obtain proper sight alignment quickly be affected? For instance when you fire a different handgun that isn't equipped with a laser or if the batteries for your laser are dead and you have to achieve sight picture with your sights is your accuracy affected? I have never used laser sights on a regular basis so I don't know if this happens or not. I would be intrigued to try it out on the range though. Spend a day firning a laser equipped pistol then swithc to sights at the end of the day and go through some move/scan live fire drills. I personally don't like the laser grips because my finger blocks the laser when my finger is not on the trigger. I also prefer not to have to look downrange for a dot. :D

Occam's Razor:
one should not increase, beyond what is necessary, the number of entities required to explain anything.
Visit us at www.ddht.us

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.