Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:22 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 S&W 642 for first CC weapon? 
 Post subject: Re: Follow up...
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:31 am 
The Man

Hunter07 wrote:
Hobie wrote:
Although the Bersa is lighter she has no issues with recoil and loves the way the gun fits her and the way it shoots.

That's what counts!

Congrats to your better half on her new gun. :D
Yup, to all of that. The 642, IMHO and all, is just about the perfect carry gun for those who require any discretion at all.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Follow up...
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 9:32 pm 

joelr wrote:
Hunter07 wrote:
Hobie wrote:
Although the Bersa is lighter she has no issues with recoil and loves the way the gun fits her and the way it shoots.

That's what counts!

Congrats to your better half on her new gun. :D
Yup, to all of that. The 642, IMHO and all, is just about the perfect carry gun for those who require any discretion at all.

Does take a fair amount of practice to become proficient with it, though.

Post subject: Re: S&W 642 for first CC weapon?
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 12:59 pm 

Looks like his wife got the Bersa. However I still wanted to respond with my S&W 642 experience.

I really like the light weight and the fact that I can easily carry in my jeans pocket with an Uncle Mike's Sidekick pocket holster. I also have easily carried under a light jacket with a Blackhawk CQC holster. I also have a Galco Speed paddle holster and while it looks great, it is not as comfortable for me as the CQC.

Recoil is noticeable but not unmanageable. I found that changing the stock S&W grips to Hogue Monogrip's helped and it gives my pinkie finger someplace to go. The Monogrip is a little longer than the S&W stock grips but it still fits in my jeans pocket.

The 642 is NOT a gun I enjoy shooting at the range. This does impact how much I practice with it.

Post subject: Re: S&W 642 for first CC weapon?
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 1:03 pm 
The Man

Steve wrote:
Looks like his wife got the Bersa. However I still wanted to respond with my S&W 642 experience.

I really like the light weight and the fact that I can easily carry in my jeans pocket with an Uncle Mike's Sidekick pocket holster. I also have easily carried under a light jacket with a Blackhawk CQC holster. I also have a Galco Speed paddle holster and while it looks great, it is not as comfortable for me as the CQC.

Recoil is noticeable but not unmanageable. I found that changing the stock S&W grips to Hogue Monogrip's helped and it gives my pinkie finger someplace to go. The Monogrip is a little longer than the S&W stock grips but it still fits in my jeans pocket.

The 642 is NOT a gun I enjoy shooting at the range. This does impact how much I practice with it.
Yup. If you can find the 148-grain wadcutters, though, it can be a lot of fun.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 1:49 pm 

MNBud wrote:
Don't overlook the S & W 638, this is everything the 642 is, plus a shrouded hammer which gives you the option of single action.

+1

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.