Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:21 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ] 
 I got what I wanted. 
 Post subject: I got what I wanted.
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 5:34 pm 
Longtime Regular

I just bought a Colt Agent 2" barrel revolver at the MN Weapons Collectors show. I feel I got a good price for a gun in very good condition. I picked it up as a secondary carry gun when the Glock 19 does not work. This is my first revolver. I am pretty excited. :D :D

Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Chris

Post subject: Re: I got what I wanted.
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 6:40 pm 
Delicate Flower

Moby Clarke wrote:
I just bought a Colt Agent 2" barrel revolver at the MN Weapons Collectors show. I feel I got a good price for a gun in very good condition. I picked it up as a secondary carry gun when the Glock 19 does not work. This is my first revolver. I am pretty excited. :D :D

Welcome to the "dark side" :)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 10:39 pm 
Longtime Regular

ttousi wrote:
Moby Clarke wrote:

Welcome to the "dark side" :)

I thought the "dark side" was Glocks. :lol: :lol:

And if that is the case, I am already there.

Thanks for the welcome anyway!

Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Chris

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 7:53 am 
Longtime Regular

Congrats! Same question I posed to Thurian - any pics you can share?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 8:21 am 
The Man

Moby Clarke wrote:
It's a classic. Now, all you need is a nice, inexpensive, custom Mika holster for it. (I have one for just that model.)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 9:10 am 

joelr wrote:
Moby Clarke wrote:
It's a classic. Now, all you need is a nice, inexpensive, custom Mika holster for it. (I have one for just that model.)

+1

Mika's holsters are underpriced. Check 'em out here:

http://www.frontiernet.net/~akim/pocket.htm

Here's one made for my latest pocket-carry accquisition. It was under 20 bucks delivered, and I received it in less than a week:

It stays in the pocker when you draw, keeps the gun in a stable position, protects the firearm from sweat and moisture, and keeps lint out. While the Uncle Mike's and DeSantis "Nemesis" pocket holsters are servicable, I really like the rounded-bottom style of Mika's much better, and the quality is head-and-shoulders above the other two as well for a similar amount of money.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 9:14 am 
The Man

goalie wrote:

Mika's holsters are underpriced.
Shh. Don't tell him that.

And, yeah, they sure are. See http://joelrosenberg.livejournal.com/161786.html

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 2:42 pm 
Longtime Regular

joelr wrote:
Moby Clarke wrote:

Do I detect a opportunity to meet Joel and do a little business as well?

Chris

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 2:45 pm 
The Man

Meet me? Sure. Do business? Nah -- dealing directly with Mika makes sense on the holsters.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 2:57 pm 
1911 tainted

joelr wrote:
Moby Clarke wrote:

Yeah Moby, I kinda of took it as a hint also that Joel had something for sale. :oops:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 3:12 pm 
The Man

Nah. What would be the point of selling a Mika holster?

Edited to add: or my Colt snubbies? Nah -- they don't make them anymore, and I like mine a lot. (I'm still looking for a nickel plated one -- Cobra, preferably -- with a three-inch barrel. Found one, once, but the price was, well, reasonable; I couldn't afford it.)

Last edited by joelr on Sun Mar 26, 2006 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Mika Holsters
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 5:31 pm 
Longtime Regular

Which is preferable, the round bottom or square bottom Mika pocket holster? What are the advantages or disadvantages or each style of cut on the pocket holster?

Post subject: Re: Mika Holsters
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 5:40 pm 
The Man

westhope wrote:
Which is preferable, the round bottom or square bottom Mika pocket holster? What are the advantages or disadvantages or each style of cut on the pocket holster?
Easy: the square bottom works slightly better in square-bottom pockets; the rounded works slightly better in pointy-bottom pockets.

I prefer the square, but I've used round-bottomed pocket holsters without problems.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Mika Holsters
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 6:21 pm 

joelr wrote:
westhope wrote:
Easy: the square bottom works slightly better in square-bottom pockets; the rounded works slightly better in pointy-bottom pockets.

I prefer the square, but I've used round-bottomed pocket holsters without problems.

At the price point, I just would get one of each. If I were to have just one, I would go with the rounded bottom holster, as the rounded-bottom holster rides in square bottomed pockets much better than the square-bottomed holster rides in rounded-bottom pockets. Of course, as Joel pointed out, they both work best with the pockets that actually match the bottom contour of the holster.

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.