Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:59 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Your Favorite Gun! 
 Post subject: Your Favorite Gun!
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 8:01 pm 
Longtime Regular

I really love my 2 Glock 19's. They just fit my hand like a glove. They are reliable, accurate and hold 16 rounds. I am not bashing other guns, I just want to know what is your favorite gun.

Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Chris

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 8:24 pm 

My Glock 26, by a huge margin. I hardly shoot anything else since I got this gun.

Bristol’s Bastards: In Iraq with the 2nd Battalion, 136th Infantry of Minnesota’s National Guard: Bravo Company of Minnesota’s National Guard fought alongside the Marine Corp in Al Anbar province through the deadliest period of Operation Iraqi Freedom, kicking down doors, dodging IEDs, battling insurgents, and trying to help one another survive in the deadliest place on earth. Available in bookstores everywhere. For autographed copies, visit bristolsbastards.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 8:26 pm 
Longtime Regular

My Smith and Wesson 39-2 made in 1972 in 9mm TDA. Points o-so-good for me, reliable, easy to carry and my point shooting or aimed fire are so easy with this gun. :D

Side Guard Holsters
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 8:58 pm 

My Bersa mini Firestorm 45. Why? Well, it fits my hand like a glove. I seem to be more accurate with it than any handgun I've fired to date (probably goes along with fitting my hand really well - first gun that's been really comfortable to hold). It's pretty small and seems to conceal well even though I'm only using a bianchi paddle holster right now. And, it was only 200 bucks. For 200 bucks I'm not paranoid about the finish wearing on it a little from taking it in and out of my holster, etc... It's just very utilitarian and quite fun to shoot.

I don't have a whole lot of experience with other guns. I've fired prob a dozen or so different handguns but this is the first one that has really caught my attention from the first time I held it in the store (and I didn't see the price tag first).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 10:17 pm 
Longtime Regular

My Glock 17 9mm with factory night sites; it is the most accurate gun I have ever shot. It has even replaced my H&K USP .40cal as my carry piece.

I think I am more accurate with this gun because of the constant trigger pull, I find my self jerking on the H&K trigger a lot.

The strange thing is that I dismissed this gun because I didn’t like the natural point of aim the Glock had. I was use to 1911s and the Glock points a tad bit high for me. After some practice it points just fine now. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 10:18 pm 

Auto: Smith & Wesson 3914. I've owned the Glocks, Sigs, and M1911s, and It's a perfect fit for me.

Revolver: Smith & Wesson Model 64. 35,000 NYPD Officers couldn't have been wrong.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 10:19 pm 
Journeyman Member

Alright, don't belittle my choice of a CCW.....a Taurus PT140 Mil Pro. It's really a neat gun....10+1 of .40 cal. It fits my hand perfectly, fires comparatively accurately, and has had no problems in a little over 900 rounds of all sorts of ammo.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 3:09 am 
Longtime Regular

My Sig P229 357Sig and the Remington 1100.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 5:07 am 
Forum Moderator

For me, "favorite" depends on use...

carry = Glock 19
looking like a range king = CZ 75B SA
just fun = S&W 686

Contact us to schedule a class for you and your friends, and check our website for more information http://shootingsafely.com

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: My own favorites...
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 5:45 am 
The Man

phorvick wrote:
For me, "favorite" depends on use...

carry = Glock 19
looking like a range king = CZ 75B SA
just fun = S&W 686

Good point. For me, it's:

pocket carry: S&W 642

super-discrete carry: Kel-Tec P3AT

belt carry: Kahr P40

open carry when acting as a volunteer security guard at a friend's bookstore, after she had been mugged, and while the perps were still at large: customized Ruger Redhawk .44 Magnum snubby, carried in a shoulder holster

fun: Ruger Mark II bull barrel

making great big booms at the range: Tom Castonguay custom/Frankenstein semiauto, that can be set up to shoot .22, 9mm, .38 Super, .45 ACP, .45 Super, or 10mm, set up in its 10mm configuration

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 6:33 am 
Longtime Regular

Carry: Springfield XD-40.

Fun: Springfield 1911, Trophy Match Long Slide. This is one tack driver!
And quite possibly it may be worth more than I paid for it, as I believe this model isn't available anymore. I've had several offers, but I like it too much to sell at any reasonble price.

Also for cheap plinking, I like my Ruger MK-II, stainless, adjustable sights, target grip and bull barrel. Fun, accurate, and cheap to shoot.

Middle of the Road:
Rossi .357mag. revolver.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 6:38 am 

In the past I've used a number of guns for different purposes:

Carry: Taurus 605C or Bersa .380
Target/fun: Ruger Blackhawk Convertible, CZ75B, CZ Kadet .22 Kit, Glock 21

These days my Glock 26 is my first choice for carry or fun. I may have to start advertising some of the other guns in the "Gear" section because I hardly ever take them out of the safe these days.

Except the Bersa. My wife wants to get her carry permit and she has her eye on that for her carry gun.

Bristol’s Bastards: In Iraq with the 2nd Battalion, 136th Infantry of Minnesota’s National Guard: Bravo Company of Minnesota’s National Guard fought alongside the Marine Corp in Al Anbar province through the deadliest period of Operation Iraqi Freedom, kicking down doors, dodging IEDs, battling insurgents, and trying to help one another survive in the deadliest place on earth. Available in bookstores everywhere. For autographed copies, visit bristolsbastards.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 7:22 am 

I use the 642 for pocket carry as well. My favorite snubby is the Colt Detective Special, but it's really too heavy for pocket carry. I'd really like to get a 642 in 9mm, but it's kind of cost prohibitive.

For fun, I have a Walther P-22. I use it kind of like a set of dumbells. When I get tired of shooting the 9mm and the .38, I continue my drills with the P22.

For repelling boarders I have a Remmington 870 and an AR15.

Favorite carry gun that I don't have (yet): I'd like to get a big bore S&W revolver with fixed sights and a 3" barrel. Pref. .41 Mag or .45 ACP.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 9:18 am 
Longtime Regular

I'd have to say it is the Ruger target pistol I borrowed 15 years ago, and brought to the range. That's the one that made me think, "Hey, this is kind of fun! I'm gonna get me one of these one day."

Took 13 years, but I got one...then another...then another. :)

I recently decided on a Taurus PT111 Millennium Pro for everyday carry. It is unbelievably skinny for a 9mm double-stack, and fairly light to boot.

Its trigger pull is long, but smooth. When I saw the feed ramp smoothe as a baby's bottom and shining like a mirror, I figured I was holding a barely used, custom tweaked gun. But, no, that was its straight-from-the-factory condition.

And it was $350 in stainless!

I originally had my sights set on a Sig P239 or a Kahr P9, but couldn't swing the expense. The Taurus saved me at least $200-300, and I've never regretted it.

I really, really like this gun, and think it's an excellent value for the money.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 12:54 pm 

My favorite is the one that's on my belt or in my pocket at the time. Yesterday it was my .45 Springer...today it's my 642CT.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.