Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:51 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Your Favorite Gun! 
 Post subject: My favorite gun
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:03 pm 

Without question, it would be my Strayer Voight 40 caliber double stack 1911 style USPSA limited gun. It is a beautiful piece. See below....

Image[/img]

IDPA member A08208

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 8:31 am 
Longtime Regular

Beauty is clearly in the eye of the beholder -- celebrate diversity!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 9:47 am 
1911 tainted

Andrew Rothman wrote:
Beauty is clearly in the eye of the beholder -- celebrate diversity!

Andrew, it appears that you have no taste for the finer art of firearms. :wink:

Now Zerwas, that is one fine looking piece of equipment. I have always though of doing a rifle in a pattern similar to your grips and trigger guard. 8)

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 10:47 am 
1911 tainted

How about 4 favorites -

Freedom Arms in .475 for hunting.

Kimber in .45 for defense.

Les Baer in .45 for play.

Rohrbaugh in 9mm for when I can't carry a .45.

8) 8) 8)

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 11:43 am 
Longtime Regular

cobb wrote:
Andrew, it appears that you have no taste for the finer art of firearms. :wink:

Sure I do. That Les Baer, for example, is mighty purdy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 2:37 pm 
Longtime Regular

My favorite is my Sig P226 Sport Pistol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 6:10 pm 

How do you like the Rohrbaugh? I am seriously considering one, but so far have been unable to justify it, as my P3AT is ticking along just fine. The idea of a 9mm in almost the same size is quite appealing though.

Last edited by goalie on Tue Jan 24, 2006 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 8:50 pm 
1911 tainted

goalie wrote:
How do you like the Rohrbaugh?

Very, very happy with it for it's intended purpose, up close and personal. :shock: 8)

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:34 am 

I mostly carry my P7M8 in a leather belt holster. I just plain feel it is the safest for me and everyone in the vacinity of myself --family members and friends especially. When I first started carrying it was mostly a SW 642 in a fobus paddle. Sometimes I worried that one of my teenagers might make a playful grab at it or something foolish that a teenager might do. What if it slipped out of the holster ...snagged the trigger?... With the HK even with a round in the chamber the cocker still has to be squeezed (13lbs.) along with a trigger pull. It just makes me feel safe around family, kids, etc. It's cool too that with a push and a twist on the firing pin the assembly slips right out. It's thin, concealable, accurate, and cheap when you consider all the ammo you save. It shoots straight with low recoil right out of the box. You don't have to practice much with it.
When I want to feel really ready...I grab my SIG 226/fobus paddle with the 18 rd mag +1.
Russian or E.G mak/fobus paddle occasionally.
Glock 22/fobus paddle sometimes.
Beretta 96d/fobus paddle rarely.
Seldom but have at times slipped a Beretta Jetfire.25 in jacket pocket.
I'm still looking for a good carry holster for the ruger redhawk 454 casull.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 11:05 pm 

I'm lucky in that I have a couple choices to select. If I'm wearing a heavy coat, or feel I really need some high capacity, the Taurus PT-99 with custom trigger job and 18 rounds is nice. The .357 mag Taurus snubbie sees a lot of holster time and it's laser makes it a real point and shoot powerhouse. The S&W 1911 Sc is new, but fast gaining lot's of carry time. The 82 year old Colt Model 1903 Pocket Pistol is still a great piece to drop in a pocket as a bug and has yet to have a FTF or FTE. Clarks Customs has my Springfield Champion in Stainless that they are melting and doing a reliablility job on (it's 14 years old) and will probably be my choice for "formal wear", hehe. Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 6:03 pm 
Longtime Regular

I carry one of 3 right now, for unobtrusive carry a .32 Walther PP, not a big boy, but it puts holes where I want them. When I don't care if the gun is seen I have a custom built 1911 .45, it is reliable, points well and if you need more than 9 rounds of .45 you had no right being there and you should have called for air cover earlier. I'm about to try a new crossbreed Super Tuck once it is delivered for my P7M13. I've used a custom mage German holster for it for a long time, but I thought I'd try the crossbreed and see if it meets the rave reviews I’ve been hearing about it.
The P7 is a little, snubby, but perfectly balanced piece that I've shot so long it feels like it's a piece of my hand.
A real piece of engineering.
Now if we’re talking long guns, the L1A1 (inch pattern FAL) is about as good as it gets for a battle rifle.

UT BCI Certified Conceal/Carry Instructor

"If you expect the police to always be able to protect you, why are the ones who show up at crimes called 'detectives' instead of 'defenders'? Detectives try to find a criminal after they've committed a crime."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 11:35 am 

My newest is always my favorite. Taurus 617 titainium 2" barrel.
Yes I know it wastes a little powder, but man it's fun to shoot!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:01 pm 
Longtime Regular

Depends on exactly what for, but my all around favorite is probably my Sig P229. I'd have to add the Smith and Wesson revolver (forgot the model, but .357 with a 6 inch barrel) that I learned to shoot pistol on and competed with.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 9:41 am 
Designated waste of protoplasm

Glock 19 for carry - I call her "Old Painless" (1992 Vintage) - Been rebuilt every year since 1992....

Sig 229 in .40 for when I am feeling really frisky.

Glock 17C - for whenever.... 130,000 rounds and counting wihtout a hiccup......... Been rebuilt every year since 1992. Never a problem.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 7:59 pm 

Pinnacle wrote:
Glock 19 for carry - I call her "Old Painless" (1992 Vintage) - Been rebuilt every year since 1992....

Not a bad choice.

Pinnacle wrote:
Sig 229 in .40 for when I am feeling really frisky.

As stated before, that gun is an inaccurate POS. Please deliver it to me for disposal at your earliest convenience.

Pinnacle wrote:
Glock 17C - for whenever.... 130,000 rounds and counting wihtout a hiccup......... Been rebuilt every year since 1992. Never a problem.

Too bad you shoot it so slow.

:P

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.