Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:17 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Rohrbaugh 
 Post subject: Rohrbaugh
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 8:25 am 
Delicate Flower

Met up with Cobb yesterday and stopped at the Oakdale Range to try his Rohrbaugh. Nice small gun. Actually quite accurate (for me anyway...YMMV) considering the grip is so small. He has ordered something to increase the grip size which should help.
Take him up on his offer to shoot it, if you can .........neat gun. :)

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Cool!
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 12:08 pm 

I'd love to even be able to SEE one in person. It appears to be an awesome CCW gun.... or backup.

Jon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 10:04 pm 
1911 tainted

And the slip on grip feels pretty good, seem to help with the grip but shouldn't effect the pocket carry.

Here is a link to what an Uncle Mikes slip on looks like on my Rohrbaugh. This is not my Rohrbaugh, but it looks the same as pictured.

http://www.rohrbaughforum.com/YaBB.cgi?board=Accessories;action=display;num=1143477835

Here is a link to what an Pachmayr slip on looks like.

http://www.rohrbaughforum.com/YaBB.cgi?board=Accessories;action=display;num=1142548425

When I put on the Uncle Mikes, it took so dang long to get it on and it fit so tight, I will leave it on until I find a good reason to remove it and try the Pachmayr. When ttousi shot it, I had some skateboard tape on the front and aft of the grip, but the grip panels seem to be too slick to get a good grip. The slip on grip sleeve should do the trick, when you shoot such a small gripped pistol, it seems to twist in your hand when pressing the trigger, which makes it hard shoot accurately and hopefully this added rubber will help stabilize it in the hand.

Time will tell.

Last edited by cobb on Fri Apr 21, 2006 4:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 10:27 pm 
Delicate Flower

I think you should send it up to me for extensive testing....12-14 months should do. No charge of course. :P :wink:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 9:39 am 

These are some nice looking guns. Is the price going to come down in the future? Are these still up close to a grand?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 11:41 am 
1911 tainted

oscarswanson wrote:
These are some nice looking guns. Is the price going to come down in the future? Are these still up close to a grand?

Here is where I have bought 2 of them, they are by far the cheapest that I had found and I looked a long time before buying.

Arego's
Hot Springs, AR.
501-760-2330

Here is a link to their sale on GunsAmerica

http://www.gunsamerica.com/guns/976724376.htm

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 11:48 am 

Cobb,
Have to ask: Why two? One for each pocket :lol:
Can you give me what the recoil is comparable to?
I shoot a Glock 27, 33, and a "K' frame size .357 mag. Is it harder than these?
Thanks,
Oscar

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 12:33 pm 
1911 tainted

oscarswanson wrote:
Cobb,
Have to ask: Why two? One for each pocket :lol:
Can you give me what the recoil is comparable to?
I shoot a Glock 27, 33, and a "K' frame size .357 mag. Is it harder than these?
Thanks,
Oscar

2 because I was really impressed with the first, and in the past, as soon as I find something I really like, either they go out of business, drop that model, or change it for what I consider for the worst. Worst case, I could sell the new in box 2nd one, warranty card and all for what I paid for it, which is much less than what they are going for today. 8)

And as far as your question, does it have more recoil than one of those you listed. I don't know, how much recoil do they have? :P

To me, recoil is a personal perception which varies from person to person, also taking into account design of the weapon. Sorry, I just can't answer that question, you will just have to shoot one for yourself to find out.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 1:10 pm 

I understand.
I sold a NAA .380 Gaurdian (small steel blow back pistol) because I hated the feel of the recoil. It seemed much more than the sub-compact .357 I have.
I'll have to stop by a store that has a Roughbough so I can handle it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 9:08 am 
Journeyman Member

Recoil really is a subjective thing, and hard to compare, but I'll try. My Rohrbaugh, shooting FMJ 115gr. range ammo, has slightly less perceived recoil than my Kel-Tec P3AT, along with much smoother trigger pull. The recoil is comparable to a S&W 642 (.38 Special), and is more noticeable than that of a Glock 33 (.357 Sig).

I'll probably get comments about these perceptions, but that's how I feel the recoil in my hands, with my grip and the rest of the various ergonomics that make this king of comparison hard to measure. I hope that's helpful.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 9:49 am 
Longtime Regular

Good info APD. I've been noodling about buying a pocket auto. I have a BERSA .380, but it's too big for pocket carry.

The NAA .380 is pretty horriffic on the third bone in my thumb. It's also not very accurate even at 7 yards.

I want to shoot a Kel-tec P3AT to see how it feels. One advantage it has over the NAA is it's not a blowback design so might be softer recoiling. But, then again, it's a polymer framed so it's lighter.

The Kahr all steel 9mm was pretty decent for me. Didn't recoil any worse than my XD9 SC. But I don't want to pay the prices that Kahr's bring.

I'm also impatiently waiting for the new BERSA CCW. Rumor is that they have landed in the U.S. finally (a year late) and they are a true pocket pistol. I am a little dismayed to hear that they may be DAO.

Ideally, I think I want a gun that is small enough for pocket carry, is DA/SA, and is .380acp at the least. I also want it to be a gun that is moderately fun to shoot so I will be glad to practice with it.

The problem is that when you shrink a gun, you have to make compromises that interfere with "shootability". If I don't want to shoot it because it hurts, I may not become "eyes-closed" proficient with it and that's not good enough for me.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 10:02 am 
Longtime Regular

Off on a tangent, but has anyone looked at the Skyy pistols? I'd like to handle or shoot one.

http://www.skyyindustries.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 11:13 am 
Longtime Regular

squib_joe wrote:
Off on a tangent, but has anyone looked at the Skyy pistols? I'd like to handle or shoot one.

http://www.skyyindustries.com/

With an MSRP of $329, it would be intereseting to see what sort of quality it has.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 2:57 pm 
Raving Moderate

I don't know anything about their pistols, but their vodka's so-so... :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 8:55 pm 

oscarswanson wrote:
Cobb,
Have to ask: Why two?

"Two is one and one is none"

(quoted from Mr Murphy's Laws of Close Combat)

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.