Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:07 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 Can you REALLY hide a J-Frame in Jeans Pocket? 
 Post subject: Can you REALLY hide a J-Frame in Jeans Pocket?
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 1:33 pm 

I have a Glock 23.... but I realy have been thinking about a gun that is easier to conceal. Pocket carry seems like one way to go.

I have been thinking about a 642 or 340, maybe even a hammer version of either of these.

Can anyone really conceal one of these in your jeans pocket? They stilljust seem too big.. but, I read all over the internet how great they are as pocket guns. I'd love to see it in person. My jeans are never skin tight, but still... it just seems like it would look like you had an overstuffed wallet in your front pocket or something.

Comments welcomed from those who carry them.

Thanks!

Jon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 1:40 pm 
Longtime Regular

Depends on your build and the cut of your jeans. Relaxed fit can hide a lot more than classic fit.

A certain member of this forum walked around mu living room last night with a J-frame sized Taurus in his pocket and it was pretty invisible. However, it should be noted that he is a sizeable gentleman and with his height could probably stuff a shotgun down his pants and still be able to walk.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 6:15 pm 

i carry my ruger sp101 2 1/4" revolver (basically the size of a j frame) in the front pocket of my pants everyday.

i do have trouble with certain pairs of pants. my levi's jeans will not hide the whole butt of the gun (just bought a new pair of jeans today. i made sure they had deep pockets and were one size up) my dockers however do not print at all. i asked a friend if he could tell i was carrying and even after he knew i was carrying he had no idea where it was.

so, yes, revolvers and front pockets do mix

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 7:25 pm 

I routinely carry a S&W 638 in a Mika pocket holster. Then again, I don't wear jeans that would have been fashionable in the 1970's either.

Usually I am pocket carrying in shorts though, and a j-frame dissapears in baggy cargo-pocket shorts.

(FWIW, I am 6-1 and about 195)

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 2:26 pm 

I often carry the 642 in my back pocket.( in a pocket holster of course).

I also have a G23 and I think you'll enjoy the ease of carry of a 642.

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.p ... t=642+club

Post subject: Re: Can you REALLY hide a J-Frame in Jeans Pocket?
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 2:36 pm 
The Man

Jon G23 wrote:
Can anyone really conceal one of these in your jeans pocket?
Yup. It's not difficult.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 2:46 pm 
Longtime Regular

White Horseradish wrote:
Depends on your build and the cut of your jeans. Relaxed fit can hide a lot more than classic fit.

A certain member of this forum walked around mu living room last night with a J-frame sized Taurus in his pocket and it was pretty invisible. However, it should be noted that he is a sizeable gentleman and with his height could probably stuff a shotgun down his pants and still be able to walk.

Well, not a shotgun but being tall has its advantages.

I am the proud new owner of a Taurus 85 UL with the Stainless cylinder / barrel. It points well, it shoots well for me in DA, SA, aimed, or just pointed. Now I need to start saving for my class and permit. I don't have my carry permit yet but I have been doing a lot of research. I was going to buy a xd9 as my first gun. And then it happened... You all know what I mean. THE gun called out to me. I just gcouldn't walk away. What was I doing handling snub nosed revolvers anyway? Oh yeah, that... making my first purchase inexpensive and multi purpose.

Back on topic, I've been toting it around my property discretely ever since I bought it. it seems to disappear into my pocket. It's easier to retrieve in dockers or something with slash side pockets, but Jeans work as long as they're not too tight.

I seem to recall a certain board member toting 3 revolvers to the spring shooter's show. I had assumed there was a gun in the tactical vest but would never have suspected a revolver in each pants pocket had I not known his oft repeated advice on pocket revolvers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 4:09 pm 
Delicate Flower

My 642 rides and hides well in my jeans but without a slash pocket it is harder to get out............much prefer the dockers with the slash pockets :)

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 6:03 pm 
Longtime Regular

642 (or 432PD) in jeans (Levis relaxed fit jeans) with an Uncle Mike's pocket holster most of the time. If I wear Docker's or equivalent I will use a Bianchi PH158 horsehide pocket holster. It stays in the looser Docker's pocket better than the Uncle Mike's in the tighter jean pocket.

My wife only asked once if I was carrying. I have carried it many times out to eat with friends and none of them have said anything. (They are the type of shooting buddies that would have said I was printing.)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.