Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:23 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Kel-Tec P3AT 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 11:30 am 

I put a band aid on my trigger finger and one where the pistol hits the web by the thumb nuckle. Otherwise it can cause some damage to the skin like a scape after a hundred rounds.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 11:46 am 
Journeyman Member

oscarswanson wrote:
I put a band aid on my trigger finger and one where the pistol hits the web by the thumb nuckle. Otherwise it can cause some damage to the skin like a scape after a hundred rounds.

The first time I shot my P3AT I ended up with some pretty painful scrapes on the top of my trigger finger from the inside of the trigger guard. I didn't realize it until after the range session, but there was a really sharp edge on the inside of trigger guard. Got home and took some fine sand paper to a couple of similar spots and it helped tremendously.

I do notice that after about 50 rounds I started developing some bad habits from the sharp recoil. I had to really focus on technique with the long trigger pull.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 6:08 pm 
Longtime Regular

Top of the finger?

I still have a spot that was woren on the bottom of my trigger finger.

Kel-tec wounds. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 6:22 am 

Another thing is, many people limp wrist this gun and think it's a gun problem.
I did this many times and now make sure I have a good firm grip on it.
Some swear by the pinky extension to help get a good grip, but I like it small.
I think I'll have to take it to the range tonight to see if it will go 100 rounds without a hickup like it did last time out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 7:14 am 

I'm seriously thinking of picking one of these up for an every-day carry weapon. Right now, I carry my Glock 23 or 1911 only when I feel that my threat level might be elevated.

I'd like to be armed much more often and I'm thinking that this might be the solution. Here are some things I'd like to know:

- Is a .380 really an acceptable man-stopper? Would I be better going to a slightly larger gun to get a lot more stopping power? Kahr 4044?
- How do most of you carry this? I'm think it would primarily be a pocket gun, or maybe SmartCarry?
- What is the best ammo? I'm thinking alternate hollow points and FMJ (for maximum penitration).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 7:34 am 

The .380 is capable of killing someone. A couple of these to the chest would not be a good thing if you were on the recieving end. Of course the 9MM and up would do a slightly better job. But then your carrying around a brick compared to the P3AT. Always carry the P3AT when you don't have the big one with you. Heck carry it when you have the big one too!!It's much better than throwing fists. Expescially when your and old man like me.
I'm looking at getting a Krydex from grandfatheroak. Looks nice and thin. People seem to like them and there only $15.00 shipping included. But you need a Pay Pal account or send a check.
I have the Uncle Mike's soft sided ones and They are just a little thick for me.
I would stick with ball ammo mostly for penetration. Some are saying The Corbon DPX is Good stuff. Some people alternate ball and hollow points.
Just make sure you shoot what you plan on carrying so you know it's 100%.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 5:28 pm 
Longtime Regular

I got the P3AT back from Kel-tec a few weeks ago. She works like a champ now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 7:25 pm 
Longtime Regular

Won't CorBons void the warranty on many guns??

"...quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." [...a sword never kills anybody; it's a tool in the killer's hand.] -- (Lucius Annaeus) Seneca "the Younger" (ca. 4 BC-65 AD),

The Nanny State MUST DIE!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:30 am 
Longtime Regular

BigRobT wrote:
Won't CorBons void the warranty on many guns??
They have been know to void the warranty on the target.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:02 am 

I did the fluff and buff before the first shot I like to tinker anyway and didnt like the hassle of shipping it back to the factory, About an hour and a little sandpaper no problems in 500rds. I also made one of the pocket holsters from the website works for me. My normal carry is a 4'' 1911 but drop this in my pocket if I am not already holstered up and just running to the corner store. With one of these there is just about no excuse for leaving home unarmed. I sometimes feel it a hassle to put on a holster for a trip to the corner so the P3AT rides in the pocket and I would be better armed with the 45 but the little pocket piece is always there. As has been said before the 380 in your pocket is better then the 45 you left at home and if I new I was gonna need the 45 I for sure wouldnt go there in the first place.

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.