Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:40 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Seecamp LWS-32 
 Post subject: Seecamp LWS-32
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 12:53 pm 
Forum Moderator

I just picked mine up last week and managed to find some ammo for it (who has the best selection of .32 ACP HP ammo around town?) Friday.

Seecamps are known (notorious?) for their ammo selectivity; they were more or less designed around Winchester Silvertips due it being the only HP in .32 available at the time. The downside is that these rounds have an OAL of .915 and most ball has an OAL of .975 and won't fit the magazine. Larry Seecamp goes into some detail about ammo recommendations on the Seecamp web site.

It's a very well made gun, IMHO. The fit and finish appear excellent, although there are a couple of gotchas. There are no sights at all, but this shouldn't matter for a gun and cartridge suitable for personal defense at close distances. The draw spring is partially supported by the magazine and can be damaged by trigger pulls without a magazine inserted. There's no slide stop, an advantage for pocket carry I think, but a nuisance if you want the slide held open without obstruction. The magazine release is somewhat awkward; it's located on the heel, and the magazine doesn't drop freely (at least on mine).

There's no question, though, that this is a great gun for pocket carry. It's diminuitive size (4.25" x 3.25" x .75, approximately) makes it just disappear into the Galco pocket holster, ideal for concealment when weather doesn't line up with concealment clothing.

It ate the 60gr Silvertips, the 71gr Winchester white box FMJs without any problems. The Hornady 71gr FMJs worked for the first 5 rounds, and jammed feeding the sixth. The S&B 73 gr FMJs wouldn't fit in the magazine (the first round would, and would chamber, though). The little .32 ACP cartridge has more zip to it than I expected, and I wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of it and more than my 10mm Auto Silvertips in my usual Glock 29 carry gun.

It'd be interesting to compare it with the NAA Guardian (which looks like a copy of the Seecamp) and the KelTec at the same time. Maybe sometime we can have a "Mousegun" day at a range, with no calibers above .32.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 6:44 pm 
Longtime Regular

The last time I was attacked by a mouse I made the mistake of shooting him with my .45 which was a big mistake. Ruined all the meat! I knew there was a reason I needed to carry a mouse gun :lol:

Disclaimer: This is meant to be humor, I also own several mouse guns.

If life was fair, Robins couldn't eat worms...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 6:49 pm 
Delicate Flower

Ramoel wrote:
The last time I was attacked by a mouse I made the mistake of shooting him with my .45 which was a big mistake. Ruined all the meat! I knew there was a reason I needed to carry a mouse gun :lol:

Disclaimer: This is meant to be humor, I also own several mouse guns.

As long as you don't shoot "mo the mouse" take out as many of the critters as you can......snake shot works well :wink:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 8:43 pm 
Longtime Regular

I have a Seacamp, NAA Guardian and KelTec in 32 ACP.

I got the Seacamp because of their scarcity at the time I bought it and the dealer got it for a customer who couldn't afford to pay for it when it arrived and I got a good price on it. Nice gun. Well made. I do not like magazine disconnects on a self defense gun. I would prefer if it would handle FMJ 32 ACP's because I feel they give better penitration in such a small caliber. I use Federal Hydra Shoks in it or Silvertips.

The Guardian is slighlty larger and heavier. Also well made. I cleaned-up the trigger on it and it feels as smooth as the Seacamp now. I got a good deal on it at the Cabela's gun auction. No one else would bid on it.

If I want to carry max concealment gun, I carry the KelTec. Thinner. Lighter. Only slightly larger. I gave it a fluff and buff and it works fine. I use FMJ only in it. It is so flat, I challenge anyone to know you are carrying it in a pocket holster.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 9:11 pm 
Longtime Regular

Ramoel wrote:

:) reminds me of:
From a Bill Mauldin cartoon, for those who don't know, from WWII, collected in his excellent book Up Front, which you should buy from Amazon where I stole the image from.

Post subject: Re: Seecamp LWS-32
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 6:26 am 
Longtime Regular

mobocracy wrote:
I just picked mine up last week and managed to find some ammo for it (who has the best selection of .32 ACP HP ammo around town?) Friday.

No one else is answering your ammunition question, so here's my .02

http://www.sportsmansguide.com have a large selection of .32 ammo, along with all the other calibers you might want. Their prices are competitive and if you want to buy a large amount you can save on the shipping with a visit, they’re just inside 494 in the south east corner by the old stockyards.

UT BCI Certified Conceal/Carry Instructor

"If you expect the police to always be able to protect you, why are the ones who show up at crimes called 'detectives' instead of 'defenders'? Detectives try to find a criminal after they've committed a crime."

Post subject: Re: Seecamp LWS-32
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 7:07 am 
Forum Moderator

Selurcspi wrote:
mobocracy wrote:

No one else is answering your ammunition question, so here's my .02

http://www.sportsmansguide.com have a large selection of .32 ammo, along with all the other calibers you might want. Their prices are competitive and if you want to buy a large amount you can save on the shipping with a visit, they’re just inside 494 in the south east corner by the old stockyards.

I'm aware of them, but the couple of times I've tried to buy ammo there they've been out of stock and back ordered for months, despite what the web site said.

They're out of stock on Speer Gold Dots, but appear to have the Hornady XTPs in stock. They don't stock the Winchester Silvertips. I drive past there on 494 once in a while, if I have time I'll swing by there and see if I can get lucky with the XTPs.

I really need to get around to using the .32 ACP reloading dies someone gave me. I forgot how annoying it is to need to buy ammunition, especially when your gun is picky. I've been spoiled by just making what I need.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.