Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:48 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Has anyone here shot a .460 S&W? 
 Post subject: Has anyone here shot a .460 S&W?
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 10:48 am 

Has anyone here shot a .460 S&W? I've heard that they actually have a muzzle velocity that is greater than that of the .500 and will also shoot the .454 casul and the .45 long Colt. If so, that sounds like quite a gun...but will it tear my hand off?

Anyone out there shot it? Is it worth the money?

Bartleby

2nd Amendment Foundation - Member

Any suggestions to other firearms groups I could join?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 10:03 pm 

Gunblast.com has a review of the 460 up. I won't even think about it as the grip is too big for my hands. Discovered this with my last N frame.

Steelheart

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 8:07 am 
Forum Moderator

I just re-read the blurb about it in the 2005 S&W catalogue. I think they're talking 2300 fps out of the thing and a pretty flat trajectory out to 150 yards or something.

Recoil is probably substantial, but not as bad as you might think considering that the thing weighs like 4 1/2 pounds and has a big compensator on it. I'd think that .45 LC would be kind of like shooting a .22 out of it, it's so heavy.

I personally don't quite understand S&W's desire to keep introducing these "small rifle" pistol calibers and the monster guns that go with them. It's not like .44 Mag/.41 Mag/10mm haven't been adequate for deer-sized game, and the market for such guns has to be pretty limited.

I'd personally rather see them do more to fill out there flagging semiauto lineup, which has become dependent on Walther designs and S&W's oft-criticized SW99 model.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.