Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:16 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 But I don't [i]like[/i] revolvers! 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:01 pm 

Big Rob is correct. Real beer is and has been making a come-back. I used to consider English ales to be the best of all, but American microbrews are holding their own. Homemade beer is even better.

As for revolvers, they're hard to shoot well, they have low capacity, and they're slow to reload. I love them.

I'll take a high-cap 9 for a shooting contest anytime, but for handling a gun day-to-day, I'll choose a revolver.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 6:51 am 
Longtime Regular

Aaron Friday wrote:
Big Rob is correct. Real beer is and has been making a come-back. I used to consider English ales to be the best of all, but American microbrews are holding their own. Homemade beer is even better.

As for revolvers, they're hard to shoot well, they have low capacity, and they're slow to reload. I love them.

I'll take a high-cap 9 for a shooting contest anytime, but for handling a gun day-to-day, I'll choose a revolver.

Jerry Mikulec will disagree with you, it's all a matter of practice.

UT BCI Certified Conceal/Carry Instructor

"If you expect the police to always be able to protect you, why are the ones who show up at crimes called 'detectives' instead of 'defenders'? Detectives try to find a criminal after they've committed a crime."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 9:26 am 
Longtime Regular

Selurcspi wrote:

And Tiger Woods will say the same thing about golf, but none of us are going to make the PGA tour anytime soon.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 10:37 am 
Longtime Regular

DeanC wrote:
Selurcspi wrote:

And Tiger Woods will say the same thing about golf, but none of us are going to make the PGA tour anytime soon.

With sufficient practice we can become competent, mastery takes more.
A speedload in 3 - 4 seconds is easily possible, the 1.5 second reload takes dedication. Just the same way as a 10 - 20 handicap is gained by practice and scratch means you spend your life on the fairway.

It's all a matter of motivation!

UT BCI Certified Conceal/Carry Instructor

"If you expect the police to always be able to protect you, why are the ones who show up at crimes called 'detectives' instead of 'defenders'? Detectives try to find a criminal after they've committed a crime."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 12:45 pm 
Designated waste of protoplasm

Fear is a good motivator.

6 in the tank - 6 more - 4 bad guys hurry sucker.... My brother is the fastest person that I have ever seen aside from Jerry with a revolver... Honestly.

My brother shoots my old GP100 so fast it sounds like 1 long shot when it is 5 or 6 - he is fast - h can reload FAST - BUT he is motivated and considers skill at arms important - as it really is where he lives.

the kid is fast - faster than I may be willing to admit. A fast revoolver reload is something that CAN be done - and should be mastered if you plan on carryong one.

If stats are to be believed - a reload is rarely needed - but you better know how to execute one fast should push come to shove.

A fast auto reload is JUST as important if not more so - revolvers dont suffer many of the same pitfalls of an auto - but there are some problems that cannot be easily solved without a new mag and some intense negotiations with your hog leg...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 12:19 am 

I'll keep practicing the reload along with everything else. To be honest, though, if I were motivated enough to do what's required to be really fast with it, I'd probably screw my head on differently and carry a Glock 26.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.