Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:21 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 XD40 Sub-Compact 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:06 am 
Longtime Regular

Oh jeez, I think I'll just go with the stock finish.

Post subject: Re: XD40 Sub-Compact
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:32 pm 
Longtime Regular

Ramoel wrote:
Several months ago I got a new XD45, 4" Service Model. I really like the way it shoots and the lack of manual safeties that need to be worked in order to fire the gun. It's pretty much what I would call an improved and safer Glock.

Today I saw (and realized I had to have) a bi-tone XD40 Sub-Compact. All the same features of my XD45 in a smaller and more concealable package. The .40 S&W is close to the .45 in power so I'm not giving up much as far as I can tell.

Haven't shot it yet but I'm looking forward to trying it out. I'm sure it will be just as reliable out of the box as my XD45 was.

Anyone else have one of these little XD's? If so, how do you like it?

Looking back through some post and I was curious as to how you liked your new 40 sub compact. I have those same two XD's but mine are both the bi-tone model. The 40 definately has a little more flip in the recoil than the 45. It does make for a nice conceal gun however. I hope to hear how you did at the range.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:26 pm 
Longtime Regular

MNBud, page one of this thread, I posted on 9/29 that I tried the gun and it was perfect with a variety of ammo.

I don't think the recoil is bad but I shoot a lot of hot .44 mag so a .40 doesn't seem like much. My little 3" 629 kicks pretty good with 300 grain full house loads. I don't have any lightweight alloy guns, they don't recoil as much as they slap and sting.

If life was fair, Robins couldn't eat worms...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:22 pm 

macphisto wrote:
I called Springfield today and it sounds like I'm going to have a hell of a time getting my hands on an XD9SC Bi-tone. :cry:

i believe i saw a black and silver bitone 9mm sc at bill's, but it was $610. i saw it when i bought my black xd-9 subcompact there on monday night. i LOVE it. i got the pearce extension (like tick slayer) and love it on the 10rd clip. it feels just perfect, without all the extra size. i had never seen one on the gun before and it makes all the difference. it was only $10.95 and took only 15 seconds to upgrade. pics will follow.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 7:32 am 
Longtime Regular

macphisto wrote:
The new Melonite finish (similar to Tenifer on Glocks) is supposed to address the corrosion issue on XDs.

grayskys wrote:
If it was me I would wait and get what I wanted, carry the colt till then. :)

Haha, know where I can get a good cowboy hat and boots?

That's good advice, but I've got six boxes of 9mm burning a hole in my pocket, so to speak. ;)

Being the nice guy I am, I'll help you dispose of them. I won't even charge a hazardous waste disposal fee or anything. ;-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:27 pm 
Longtime Regular

I've had my XD9SC, in black, for a couple weeks now and I'm loving it.

There won't be any problems getting through those boxes of ammo, but thanks for your generous offer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:26 pm 

The XD9SC is at the top of my list for my next gun, I think it would be perfect for carry

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 3:44 pm 
Longtime Regular

You're right; it's a very well-rounded handgun.

I've found that the only problem with buying a new gun is that I start thinking about my next purchase almost immediately. I'd really like to get a 1911, or a S&W Airweight, but also an SKS rifle and a 12-gauge pump. I need to chill until at least next year!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.