Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:23 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 CZ 100 
 Post subject: CZ 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:04 pm 
Journeyman Member

I have found a CZ 100 for $200, does anybody have an opinion on this pistol? Would it be a good carry gun? I cant find anybody that offers a holster for it. Thanks for any feed back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:43 pm 
Forum Moderator/<br>AV Geek

http://cz-usa.com/product_detail.php?id=44
Looks like they came out with a 9mm version.

I shot the .40 at Bill's shooter show. That one was probably my least favorite .40 I shot. I probably only got through one magazine.

It was designed to be a carry gun, so if you can find a holster- carry on.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 7:48 am 
Designated waste of protoplasm

I also shot that at the first shooters show - I happen to like the little pistol - VERY accurate little gun

A CZ for $200 - go for it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:10 am 
Longtime Regular

If you've priced guns lately you know you cannot get much for $200. I'd go for it, if you don't like it I think you could probably even sell it for a profit.

If life was fair, Robins couldn't eat worms...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:11 pm 
Journeyman Member

Thanks for the info. I went ahead and made the purchase. The trigger needs some work, and I found a cheap holster to use for now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 8:12 am 
Designated waste of protoplasm

stacey wrote:
Thanks for the info. I went ahead and made the purchase. The trigger needs some work, and I found a cheap holster to use for now.

You will find that gun to be VERY reliable - I know that finding holsters is iffy for CZ's and I hope that changes soon.

While that gun would not be my first choice in a 40 for the $$$$ I found it to be HIGHLY accurate and I mean HIGHLY Accurate. I shot a box of 50 through one ragged hole at 21-45 ft about 1" CTC shooting relatively quickly.

Good gun for the $$$$ actually I would say that it would be placed in my BEST Value category.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 8:22 am 
Longtime Regular

The demo gun at Bill's Shooters show had a fit trying to shoot that Fiocchi FMJ Truncated Cone crap that they were peddling. Had a FTF on every other round, even when trying to slingshot the slide on a full magazine. Also numerous double feeds.

I would have liked to try it with some RN or HP ammo to see if it was any better. The feedramp was dirty, but I swabbed it out to no avail.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:46 pm 

If you want a nice holster for your CZ 100 you will probably need to have one custom made. Check out the CZ forum at www.czforum.com. Lots of opinions are offered on this site on all Cz's.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 8:28 am 
Longtime Regular

My Full-sized Witness (a CZ clone) didn't have any holsters available so I had to play around. I found an OWB holster for a USP that it fit in pretty well. I think, that if you take the gun around to some stores that have some decent holster selections, you can find something that will work right well.

"...quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." [...a sword never kills anybody; it's a tool in the killer's hand.] -- (Lucius Annaeus) Seneca "the Younger" (ca. 4 BC-65 AD),

The Nanny State MUST DIE!!!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.