Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:51 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Taurus 45/410 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:36 am 
Longtime Regular

oscarswanson wrote:
I saw one of these last night at the Frontiersman. $400.00. They had both the short and long barrel versions.
How about a guess at what the volocity would be in a 6" barrel.
Anyone shoot one of these? Was it hard kicking?
Oscar

I fondled the same one the day before yesterday. You better get it before Tom there does. It's his with his next paycheck. I'd take a gander at it not kicking too hard with such a short barrel and a long gun load in it. Then again I'll go to the range put 400 through the G23, 150 through the P3-AT and now that I picked up a G22 (for a song and dance I might add) I'll probably put 200 through that or split the difference with the G23.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:16 pm 

Thanks for the heads up but I have others that are higher on the list.
I've been a searchin for a Tarurs PT145 Mil. Pro. They did have one at the Fronteirsman but it was about $50.00 higher than Sportsman Wearhouse which happens to be out of them at the monent. I did buy the 9MM version just to keep my drooling down to an exceptable level.
I can wait for $50.00.
I still need a shot gun.
An AK47 or M16.
I was also thinking a large caliber hand gun but don't know if I could handle the recoil of a .454 or .500.
I have a .357 S&W 360 that has been all the recoil I could ever wish for :shock:
Oscar

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:35 pm 
Longtime Regular

I fired a friend's .45/.410 Derringer at an old rusty trash barrel with double-0 buckshot. (The recoil was moderately nasty, but who's noticing recoil under defense circumstances?)

From about eight feet, it left a pattern of holes that could be covered with one hand. I would not doubt its effectiveness.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.