Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:55 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Springfield EMP 
 Post subject: Springfield EMP
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 10:09 pm 

Just took receipt of my Springfield EMP. Detail stripped the slide assembly and gave it a thorough cleaning (altho' it was pretty clean right out of the box). Barrel, recoil spring assembly, and low receiver group also got a bath of Hoppes #9 and a light lubing. Put everything back together and will head out to the range this coming weekend (or maybe after Christmas). Top-shelf quality fit and finish wise (but for the price it certainly better be). Am extremely pleased with its size and feel. Now my Gould & Goodrich Model 800 holster should be here tomorrow. I purchased this pistol strictly for CCW (altho' I honestly believe my wife will be shooting it more at the range than I will, she immediately commented how it fit her hand perfeclty). Hopefully, I will NEVER lose the little plastic take-down piece that is required for the recoil assembly. I was contemplating buying a PO Hawg-9 as opposed to the EMP, but now that I've got the EMP in hand I'm elated I spent the extra 350 bucks over the Hawg-9.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 10:57 pm 
Longtime Regular

Congrats! That is an intriguing little beastie. I'll have to test drive one of those soon to see how she goes.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 11:27 pm 

I really like the looks of them. Make sure to post a range report on how it works and handles. I wanted one right when they came out. They are spendy little buggers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:12 am 
Designated waste of protoplasm

brauchma wrote:
I really like the looks of them. Make sure to post a range report on how it works and handles. I wanted one right when they came out. They are spendy little buggers.

Yeah ditto on that one - looks like a really nice little gun. Something that I would like to try for my wife - I like the looks of that and i think that I am switching to the dark Side anyhow (1911's) again.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:49 am 
Longtime Regular

For those not following along - the EMP is a scaled down 1911 that holds 9+1 rounds of 9mm.

http://www.springfield-armory.com/prod- ... -emp.shtml

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 10:32 am 

DeanC wrote:
For those not following along - the EMP is a scaled down 1911 that holds 9+1 rounds of 9mm.

http://www.springfield-armory.com/prod- ... -emp.shtml

Thanks, I forgot to post a <a href="http://www.springfield-armory.com/images/pistols/emp/Large/R2.gif">PICTURE.</a> I love the looks of it a whole bunch!

Post subject: Re: Springfield EMP
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:09 pm 
Longtime Regular

Ripplingh2o wrote:
Just took receipt of my Springfield EMP. Detail stripped the slide assembly and gave it a thorough cleaning (altho' it was pretty clean right out of the box). Barrel, recoil spring assembly, and low receiver group also got a bath of Hoppes #9 and a light lubing. Put everything back together and will head out to the range this coming weekend (or maybe after Christmas). Top-shelf quality fit and finish wise (but for the price it certainly better be). Am extremely pleased with its size and feel. Now my Gould & Goodrich Model 800 holster should be here tomorrow. I purchased this pistol strictly for CCW (altho' I honestly believe my wife will be shooting it more at the range than I will, she immediately commented how it fit her hand perfeclty). Hopefully, I will NEVER lose the little plastic take-down piece that is required for the recoil assembly. I was contemplating buying a PO Hawg-9 as opposed to the EMP, but now that I've got the EMP in hand I'm elated I spent the extra 350 bucks over the Hawg-9.

Just a little hint BEFORE you lose it or end up somewhere that you want to clean this pistol.saw off some sections of ball point pens and split them these don't have to be exact in order to disassemble this pistol.Throw a couple in your range bag and a couple more in your cleaning kit.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:55 pm 

MNBud wrote:
Just a little hint BEFORE you lose it or end up somewhere that you want to clean this pistol.saw off some sections of ball point pens and split them these don't have to be exact in order to disassemble this pistol.Throw a couple in your range bag and a couple more in your cleaning kit.

you lost me at hello... What do you mean? Do they act as punches?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:33 am 
Longtime Regular

brauchma wrote:
MNBud wrote:

you lost me at hello... What do you mean? Do they act as punches?

"Hopefully, I will NEVER lose the little plastic take-down piece that is required for the recoil assembly"
I'm sorry for the confusion,this pistol (and some other compact Springfields ) come with a small piece of plastic that is used to hold the tension on the one piece recoil spring during disassembly. On other forums it has been noted that you can make your own piece out of ball point pen barrels. I'll add a picture to try to clear up the confusion.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 10:21 am 

MNBud wrote:
"Hopefully, I will NEVER lose the little plastic take-down piece that is required for the recoil assembly"
I'm sorry for the confusion,this pistol (and some other compact Springfields ) come with a small piece of plastic that is used to hold the tension on the one piece recoil spring during disassembly. On other forums it has been noted that you can make your own piece out of ball point pen barrels.

Ok...I totally understand now. Thanks for clearing it up.

ps. I still want one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 3:37 pm 

Thanks for the tip. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 4:13 am 

here is some more info
http://ezine.m1911.org/SAemp_frame.htm
i want one also!
but have herd some bad things
btw Ripplingh2o where did you get that at i have not seend any around here

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 9:40 am 

Luv the concept luv 1911s :D

Complaints although I dont own one yet you never know. :lol:
Too much writing on the slide. IMHO
Why dont they give you 1 more extra mag and keep there holster and mag carrier.
I have the same holster complaint with there XDs yep you get holster and mag carrier when purchaseing the gun. But I think like myself most buy another mag and throw the plastic in a drawer never to be seen again.
I think the holster choice is as much a personnel choice as the firearm.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 3:02 pm 

How much do one of these go for? if you don't you don't mind me asking.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 9:12 am 

They're not cheap in price and/or quality that's for sure. Dealer cost is slightly less than 900 bucks and I've seen them as high as $1100 on gunsamerica to a low of $900. If you can get one for around $950.00 that's reasonable (considering businesses have to make some $ to stay in business). I took mine to the range yesterday and shot 100 rounds of 115 gr WWB. Function was perfect and it shot consistent 6-10" groups at 15 yards (off-hand). I bought a Gould & Goodrich Model 800 OWB holster for it and it's now my primary CCW. What a "sweet" little piece. Compliments my Kimber CDP like a little brother. Merry Christmas to me :D

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.