Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:48 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 .45 suggestions? 
 Post subject: .45 suggestions?
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 8:28 pm 
Forum Moderator

I have a Glock 21 (love it), and a bare bones Springfield 1911 GI and a CZ97B that is essentially new. The CZ is a tad too big for my hands so I am going to try to sell it.

Any suggestions on a replacement .45 (no more 1911's though). I am thinking about another G21 or perhaps a SIG 220 ??

Contact us to schedule a class for you and your friends, and check our website for more information http://shootingsafely.com

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 9:40 pm 
Forum Moderator/<br>AV Geek

Are you set on a full size?

I got to shoot a Taurus Millenium Pro (compact sized) in a 40, on saturday. I don't particularly like the 40, but it shot nice. I am considering one in a 45. DAO, polymer frame. I think the model number is PT-145.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 10:37 pm 

Try a Glock 36... Good feel to it, it's a defferent grip than a G26 or G27.. Only thing I dont like about it is it a 7-shot. :shock:

Post subject: Re: .45 suggestions?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:20 am 
The Man

phorvick wrote:
I have a Glock 21 (love it), and a bare bones Springfield 1911 GI and a CZ97B that is essentially new. The CZ is a tad too big for my hands so I am going to try to sell it.

Any suggestions on a replacement .45 (no more 1911's though). I am thinking about another G21 or perhaps a SIG 220 ??
I'm happy with the Tauris Millennium Pro -- although I know at least one Forum member who was very, very unhappy with his.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 8:08 am 
Longtime Regular

joelr wrote:
phorvick wrote:

I'm happy with the Tauris Millennium Pro -- although I know at least one Forum member who was very, very unhappy with his.

Could the unhappy person tell us why? I have the PT111 in 9mm, and so-far-so-good.

If the unhappy person wanted to PM instead, that would be fine, too.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 8:28 am 
The Man

Andrew Rothman wrote:
joelr wrote:
phorvick wrote:

Could the unhappy person tell us why? I have the PT111 in 9mm, and so-far-so-good.

If the unhappy person wanted to PM instead, that would be fine, too.
He can, if he wants to -- the short form is that he got a lemon. (Mine's had several hundred rounds through it, without burping, and was far more accurate than I'd thought it would be -- it's every bit as accurate as my Kimber Ultra Carry and, IMHO, a better choice for carry. That said, I'm still pretty much a revolver guy.)

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 9:26 am 
Forum Moderator/<br>AV Geek

What I've read about the Taurus' (all), if there is a problem with it, you send it back for repair and typically have no more problems.

But, most people have an uncomfortable feeling after they have 1 problem and typcially sell it.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 2:23 pm 
The Man

Pakrat wrote:
What I've read about the Taurus' (all), if there is a problem with it, you send it back for repair and typically have no more problems.

But, most people have an uncomfortable feeling after they have 1 problem and typcially sell it.
Yup. And, in a way, that makes sense -- why carry something that you're uncomfortable with when you've got a huge number of alternatives that you're not uncomfortable with?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 4:42 pm 

How about H&K USP? I have both the full-size and compact .45 and like them both very much.

MADFI Certified Instructor (#60)

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:27 pm 

I love my Ruger P97, not flashy, but solid and never have had any problems with it.

Of course it's size may make it difficult to conceal, if that is a concern. :)

"Don't put your trust in revolutions. They always come around again. That's why they're called revolutions. People die, and nothing changes."
-- (Terry Pratchett, Night Watch)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:26 am 

How 'bout a Smith 4506? I had one; they are (well, mine was) the epitome of reliability. Accurate enough to get the job done, but heavy for daily carry.

I had trouble adjusting to the double-action first shot, then single-action thereafter. YMMV

JB

John Farnam (I believe)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 3:06 pm 

I've got a bersa mini firestorm 45 that's been totally reliable. I had one misfeed and when I looked it was a messed up casing (winchester white box). Surprisingly accurate and I picked it up used for only 200 bucks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 9:57 am 

How about a Smith 325PD .45 ACP wheelgun? Very cool.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 2:53 pm 
Longtime Regular

If it fits your hand, it is hard to beat a Sig.

Post subject: Springfield
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 2:13 pm 

Springfield XD in .45 GAP. Same ballastics as a .45 ACP with the grip size of a 9mm. I know I sure like mine. :)

Occam's Razor:
one should not increase, beyond what is necessary, the number of entities required to explain anything.
Visit us at www.ddht.us

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.