Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:31 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
 New Pistol; Skyy Industries CPX-1 
 Post subject: New Pistol; Skyy Industries CPX-1
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:12 pm 
Forum Moderator/<br>AV Geek

Info here:
http://glocktalk.com/showthread.php?s=& ... light=skyy

Apparently Skyy was started by/with someone who left keltec. No website yet.
9mm

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:22 am 

Has anybody tried this yet?

Here's the link... http://www.skyyindustries.com/gun_cpx-1b.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:27 pm 
Longtime Regular

Looks interesting. Not very expensive for a 9mm. I wonder if it's better than the Kel-Tec. The advertising sounds good but then it always does.

If life was fair, Robins couldn't eat worms...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:37 pm 

OK... I think I'm going to pass on this one for now. The price and size are good but the reliability is apparently inconsistent according to the posts in the forum below.

http://www.thehighroad.org/archive/index.php/t-167313.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:38 pm 
Delicate Flower

guarana wrote:
Has anybody tried this yet?

Here's the link... http://www.skyyindustries.com/gun_cpx-1b.html

website up and running..........called and talked to Tony ..........Bills is a stocking dealer............just shipped 4 to Robbinsdale and 2 to North.

Squib joe have you seen them yet???

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:47 pm 

Haven't tried it. Hadn't even heard about it until this post was started. Checked out their website, at which they have a forum. It's like reading Kel-tec forums, which isn't surprising as the gun appears to be a knock-off of that company's. Didn't spend too much time in the forum, but what I did see showed lots of the same problems as the keltecs, some caused by users not willing to polish the rough edges to make the gun function and others indicating problems in the manufacturing and parts (e.g., broken springs, pins not staying put, hammer not fully cocking and falling, failures to lock back on last round (not a keltec problem unless you've done the mod), light primer strikes, slow customer service responses, etc. My gut tells me that spending one's money on a P-11 would be a better idea, unless you really want in on the ground floor of a keltec knockoff. Based on what I read, I'm confident I wouldn't use it as my sole carry gun, but as a project and for the range, it would probably be fun to have one.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:56 pm 
Longtime Regular

I thought Skyy was a type of Vodka:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 3:07 pm 

Having owned a few of the Keltec products I know a little about Skyy from snooping around on ktog.org and a few other forums. Even though I do not own one it sounds like people have not had real good luck with them. While they do seem to be a copy of the Keltec ( started by a former employee of Keltec) the quality and customer service seems to be much less than what Keltec offers. I would be very cautious on buying one unless someone could convience me otherwise. Srigs may have more to offer on this than I do.

Just my 2 pennies worth.

RTK

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 3:30 pm 

It's not my sale, and I hope I'm not violating any tccarry forum rules, but here's a used one for sale via FTF in Minnesota. I think the guy's local to the twin cities. Two-tone. Price is what you'd expect based on the quality this gun has come to be known for in the short time it's been on the market.

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.p ... =minnesota

EDIT: Oops! Just saw that the seller marked this as sold on his classified at firingline. Some guy claiming to be a dealer posted at that site that he sells these for 272.00 new so the 200 used price was pretty good--unless the thing turns out to have nothing but all of the functional uses of a paperweight.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:03 pm 
Longtime Regular

I'm impressed so far

Feels like an improved Kel-Tec P-11, with a much, much better DAO trigger. An exceptional trigger for a $300 gun. Better machining, better fit and finish, an external ambi safety (if you want to use one), American made with a lifetime warranty. Actual three-dot sights that you can hit something with. Two magazines as opposed to just one with the Kel-Tec... and each mag comes with both flat and extended baseplates.

I still haven't shot one or sold enough of them to give an honest appraisal of reliability, but Skyy has been around a few years now and I would hope they have any problems ironed out.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.