Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:43 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Charter Bulldog 2½" 44 Special 
 Post subject: Charter Bulldog 2½" 44 Special
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:04 pm 
Longtime Regular

Has anybody got one?

I really want to test drive one. Love to meet you at the range. I'll bring some factory ammo.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:53 pm 
The Man

I've got an old one -- works like a charm.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 3:44 pm 
1911 tainted

Maybe a little off of your question, but if you are looking for a compact .44 Special, Rossi also makes a compact 5 shot, model 720 with a normal hammer and a bobbed hammer. I have owned both and still do own a Rossi 720 with the hammer. It has accounted for more than one varmint because it is my transportation gun.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:09 am 
Longtime Regular

How odd - I got home and checked the mail and American Rifleman had a feature on the new Charter revolvers.

I've shot an old Bulldog with a 3" barrel. It was not a pocket gun, but the recoil was quite manageable.

The thing that has held me back is the 44 special factory loads are so anemic because of all the old fragile guns out there.

I see now that CCI has a load with 200 gr Gold Dots, Georgia Arms has an "enhanced performance" 240 gr HP, and Buffalo Bore has a 180 gr JHP @ 1150 fps.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:14 am 
The Man

DeanC wrote:
How odd - I got home and checked the mail and American Rifleman had a feature on the new Charter revolvers.

I've shot an old Bulldog with a 3" barrel. It was not a pocket gun, but the recoil was quite manageable.

The thing that has held me back is the 44 special factory loads are so anemic because of all the old fragile guns out there.

I see now that CCI has a load with 200 gr Gold Dots, Georgia Arms has an "enhanced performance" 240 gr HP, and Buffalo Bore has a 180 gr JHP @ 1150 fps.
Corbon -- among others -- also makes a full-tilt-boogie .44 special load.

But, yeah, it's not common. I still have about half a box of full-spec handloads that Tom Castonguay made up for me about ten years ago; they're what I keep in my Bulldog and other .44 specials.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:34 am 
Longtime Regular

Yeah - I see Corbon is now loading the DPX in their 44 special loads. I am a big fan of Barnes solid copper bullets. (And the condors will love me too. :P )

I do have 44 special dies so I'll be fine for practice loads.

I see SOG has the Bulldog Pug for $289. I guess I need to go find an FFL to do the transfer.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:34 pm 

I had one of the older Pugs, Win Silvertips shot 20rds and ended up giving it to my brother. I never was much into that whole pain thing.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 11:07 pm 
Delicate Flower

Quote:
I see SOG has the Bulldog Pug for $289. I guess I need to go find an FFL to do the transfer.

Got a link Dean?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:40 am 
Longtime Regular

ttousi wrote:
Quote:

Got a link Dean?

www.southernohiogun.com You can't see the prices unless you are an FFL or a C&R FFL.

Bill's can order one for you. It's about the same price as SOG if you add in shipping and FFL transfer fees. They are apparently a little hard to get a hold of. 2-3 weeks out.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:42 am 
Longtime Regular

DeanC wrote:
ttousi wrote:
Quote:

Got a link Dean?

www.southernohiogun.com You can't see the prices unless you are an FFL or a C&R FFL.

Bill's can order one for you. It's about the same price as SOG if you add in shipping and FFL transfer fees. They are apparently a little hard to get a hold of. 2-3 weeks out.

note to self ... C&R FFL is next project.
Then reloading.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:45 am 
Longtime Regular

Hmm, that Rossi 720 only weighs a few ounces more than my SP101. I assume there's a cushy grip available from Hogue or somebody. Or maybe one of those Sorbothane heel pads for running shoes, and some duct tape.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:12 am 
1911 tainted

Pat Cannon wrote:
Hmm, that Rossi 720 only weighs a few ounces more than my SP101. I assume there's a cushy grip available from Hogue or somebody. Or maybe one of those Sorbothane heel pads for running shoes, and some duct tape.

My Rossi 720 came with a rubber finger grooved grips from the factory. Want to borrow it sometime to shoot a bug course?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:54 am 
Longtime Regular

cobb wrote:
Pat Cannon wrote:

My Rossi 720 came with a rubber finger grooved grips from the factory. Want to borrow it sometime to shoot a bug course?
Cool, sure!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:14 pm 
Delicate Flower

DeanC wrote:
ttousi wrote:
Quote:

Got a link Dean?

Thanks ............another C&R to mail out :)

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 5:14 pm 
Longtime Regular

joelr wrote:
I've got an old one -- works like a charm.

Sounds like the old ones are the good ones according to this thread.

Charter Arms POC thread

"The attitude of people associating guns with nothing but crime, that is what has to be changed. I grew up at a time when people were not afraid of people with firearms." —Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia
Sierra Trading - Firearms Sales, Service and Training

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.