Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:59 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 The clearcoat on my 642 is peeling off. 
 Post subject: The clearcoat on my 642 is peeling off.
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 10:34 am 

Not a big deal really. I carry that gun A LOT! Quite a bit more than any other and now it's got some "character". It was a pricey gun though and think the quality should be higher for a S&W.
Now that I've carried for over two years I have learned a lesson. Carry guns need not be "pretty'. I've retired my Kimber and semi-retired my SIG for carry. I switched to a Glock 23(bargain police trade in) for it's durabillity and ease of care.
It holds up well to basic wear and tear of everyday carry. The leather holsters are breaking in nicely.
I hold no sentimental value for a carry gun I just expect them to work, even if "ugly.
If (and I hope they don't) are ever used for defense they'll probably end up in a police evidence locker anyway. No need to spend the extra $ on a pretty gun. Spend only what you need to ensure it functions well.
That is all.

John 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 6:37 pm 
Longtime Regular

It's okay to have pretty guns, just like it's okay to have pretty cars. But if you commute every day in your Jaguar, park it at Target, and drive it in the winter, it won't stay pristine forever.

Carry guns are the same way.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.