Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:59 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 "New" little gun 
 Post subject: "New" little gun
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:44 pm 
Longtime Regular

I picked up this never fired Grendel P-10. I believe they were made from 1988 - 1991. Blind magazine, 10+1 .380 ACP
Interesting and adorably ugly.

Range report to come. Initial research shows they had ejection problems on last round.

"The attitude of people associating guns with nothing but crime, that is what has to be changed. I grew up at a time when people were not afraid of people with firearms." —Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia
Sierra Trading - Firearms Sales, Service and Training

Last edited by KonaSeven on Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:42 pm 
Longtime Regular

Sweet. Where did you find that little gem? I like the looks of it, even though it is a little ugly. But hey, what wrong with that? :wink:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:06 pm 
Longtime Regular

I found it at Zero Tolerance Firearms in Willmar. Kyle usually has a few intersting items hidden on the shelves.

"The attitude of people associating guns with nothing but crime, that is what has to be changed. I grew up at a time when people were not afraid of people with firearms." —Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:30 pm 
Longtime Regular

Wow. :shock: I have never laid my eyes on that gun before.

Very cool and how does it shoot? 8)

Side Guard Holsters
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:45 pm 
Journeyman Member

Grendel is a predecessor to today's Kel-Tec, which explains the familial resemblance. http://guns.wikia.com/wiki/Kel_Tec

Let us know how it goes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:53 am 
Longtime Regular

So if the magazine goes bad you throw the whole gun away?

Interesting little gun though...

If life was fair, Robins couldn't eat worms...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:24 am 
Longtime Regular

Ramoel wrote:
So if the magazine goes bad you throw the whole gun away?

Interesting little gun though...

The "magazine" is just like a blind magazine in a rifle. Loads from the top with the slide locked back. The only thing to go bad would be the spring or follower. The mag well is molded into the grip.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Range Report
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:54 pm 
Longtime Regular

I stopped at the outdoor range to test fire a few pistols I had worked on, so I brought the P10 with to try it out.

I only went through 25 rounds. Two ten round loadings and a five. It got very difficult to load the last few rounds in the magazine with cold fingers. Rounds 8,9 and 10 were hard enough with warm fingers, pushing down through the small ejection port.

The pistol, however, worked flawlessly through those relatively few rounds. No problems feeding or ejecting. It is difficult to judge accuracy at this point. The sights are small and machined into the slide similar to carry sights on a snubby and it was getting fairly dark. Although making pop cans dance at 20 feet was no problem.

For comparison I had my CZ82 there also. It is a bit larger and more massive. But it shoots the slightly hotter 9mm MAK. The CZ is a delight to shoot all day. Very mild recoil and superb accuracy with the polygonal barrel and it has far better grip ergonomics. The P10 is not fun to shoot, yet. I did not find a comfortable grip and the very lightweight made for high felt recoil. It really punches the web of the hand. It seemed similar to firing a box of .38 +p through the snubby. But the irritation factor set in faster with the P10. (It may have been the chilly evening too.)

For a pocket auto, backup gun, or even an easily concealed primary carry, it performed exactly as designed. I would, of course, want to run several boxes of different types of ammo through it before trusting it for carry. But, if it proves to be as consistent as the early test shows it might, I will have another option for those times I head out and do not want to belt on a holster for the bigger guns.

It fits in my Mika snubby holster somewhat and when dropped in the front pocket of my Dockers or cargo pants it just plain disappears. It prints less than my cell phone.

When I get back to the indoor range I will try and run some defense ammo through it and let you know how it performs.

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.