Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:41 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 Ruger SR9 
 Post subject: Ruger SR9
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:55 am 

Has anyone had the chance to try one of these out yet? Since I am a Ruger fan I may have to get this instead of an XD.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:21 pm 
On time out

Bills north has them I fondled it, but they were busy and I only had a few moments, it feels solid but is G17 sized, a full size gun, if they make a G19 size, that really might become a big seller.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 7:23 am 

I read on another forum where the trigger pull on these is absolutley terrible!! Got a bad review from some pretty experienced folks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 7:41 am 
The Man

Generally speaking, I think folks who buy version 1.0 of almost anything are likely to be disappointed. It wouldn't surprise me at all if this pistol turns out to be one of those things.

There's a fair amount of wheel reinventing going on at Ruger right now; the new .327 Magnum, for example. It's an interesting notion, I guess -- goosing up the .32 H&R "Magnum" to pressures that modern guns can handle, so that you can put six rounds in a five-shot snubby frame, but . . .

Me, I'd rather that they reinvent the the Colt DS, if they're going to reinvent anything. YMMV.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:25 am 

I've never seen a semi-auto Ruger with a decent trigger. I can't say I've ever examined one on their revolvers, but their rifle triggers seem ok.

http://mrra.org
6 down, 24 to go.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 6:21 pm 
Longtime Regular

Love the trigger on the Alaskan and have long been a fan of the rimfire semi-auto pistols. I have initially been pretty excited about the SR9 . . . really torn between it as a cheaper to shoot than .45s but still an arguably defensive caliber and Kel-Tecs PLR16. Obviously I am intending a plinker rather than a frequently carried gun.

I will be very interested to see more on the SR9 as time goes on. . . . hard to imagine but is it something a fluff and buff would fix?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:04 am 

I did get to look at one at Cabela's in Rogers today. It felt good in the hand and comes up nice. Didn't try dry firing so don't know how the trigger felt. I also played (not literally) with a S&W airweight with the lazer grips. nice little package. I could be persuaded to get one of those. My problem is too many guns, not enough cash. :? I'm sure I'm not alone there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:21 am 
Longtime Regular

MnMonte wrote:
I read on another forum where the trigger pull on these is absolutley terrible!! Got a bad review from some pretty experienced folks.

Apparently this has something to do with dry-firing without the magazine in place. http://www.mnguntalk.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2098

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:04 am 
First-time poster

Hey ya'll, first time poster here (though been registered for a while). Just thought I'd chime in on the SR9. I was at Burnsville pistol range a few weeks ago and the guy in the next lane had one. I probably wouldn't have noticed but his brass kept flying over the barrier hitting me on the head :D . I asked him if I could check it out and not only did he let me fondle it but he promptly handed me a mag with 10 rounds in it and told me to blaze away, to which I did just that.
The gun ran like a champ...well, at least from what I could tell with just 10 rounds. I actually really liked the trigger; it didn't seem gritty or anything. The grip angle was really nice, it almost felt like my M&P 9; same with the sights. I would probably buy one if I was looking for another full size 9. A G19 size would probably be perfect.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.