Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:00 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 The .45: GAP vs ACP 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 12:12 pm 
Longtime Regular

DeanC wrote:
Another reason besides the frame size issue is that many countries prohibit civilians from owning guns that use "military" calibers. The .45 Gap helps people who always wanted to own a .45, but were prohibited from owning a .45acp.

The Springfield XD-45 just blew the grip circumference question away and will likely kill the 45 GAP.
My small handed wife loves the XD45.

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." - Sigmund Freud

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 12:58 pm 
Longtime Regular

I commented elsewhere (Decisions, Decisions, Decisions) that the XD-45 is the same width and depth and height for grip as the 1911a1 with standard grips. It just FILLS all those dimensions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 3:11 pm 
Longtime Regular

plblark wrote:
I commented elsewhere (Decisions, Decisions, Decisions) that the XD-45 is the same width and depth and height for grip as the 1911a1 with standard grips. It just FILLS all those dimensions.

plblark, your just gona have to buy a 1911. You know it, I know it and everyones knows it. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 3:17 pm 
1911 tainted

JDR wrote:
plblark, your just gona have to buy a 1911. You know it, I know it and everyones knows it. :wink:

You should have said another 1911. :wink:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 8:03 pm 
Longtime Regular

I know, I know. The next one may be that Taurus or the Charles Daily Bobtail.

Boy does tha XD-9 carry light compared to the Rock though :-)

ended up selling it to a friend instead of the craigslist guy. Case of cash in hand coinciding with the good price on the XD-9. I think my buddy will use the Rock as a project gun.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.