Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:53 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 [cnn] women shot in head 6 time with .32 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:29 am 
Longtime Regular

ttousi wrote:
From the wiki.............32acp vs 32 revolver

32 acp
It was designed for early blowback semi-automatic pistols which lacked a breech locking mechanism; the relatively low power of the .32 ACP round made it a practical blowback round.
It is still used today in blowback semi-automatic pistols, as well in modern locked-breech, single column magazine, deep-concealment, semi-automatic pistols.
Ballistic Data
• Muzzle velocity: 4.8 g (74 gr) full metal jacket: 290 m/s (950 ft/s)
• Penetration 7.3" (Bare Gelatin)
• Expansion 0.49" (Bare Gelatin)

.32 H&R Magnum
The .32 H&R Magnum is a rimmed cartridge designed for use in revolvers. It was developed in 1984 as a joint venture between Harrington & Richardson and Federal Cartridge. The .32 H&R Magnum was produced by lengthening the .32 S&W Long case by .155", to 1.075".
The .32 H&R magnum offers substatially more performance than other .32 caliber handgun cartridges such as the .32 ACP and can be considered an effective small game hunting cartridge. It's high velocity offers a flat trajectory, but the light weight of the bullets results in low recoil.
One of the .32 H&R magnums favorable attributes is that it offers .38 Special energy levels and allows a small-frame revolver to hold 6 cartridges, whereas a similarly sized revolver in .38 special would only hold 5 rounds.

Tom,

You forgot to give us some comparison information for the 32 H&R Mag.

Here are Federal's Data for the 3 rounds.

32 H&R Mag
Bullet weight = 85 Gr
MV = 1120fps
ME = 237Flb

32 acp
Bullet Weight = 65Gr
MV = 925
ME = 123

38 Spl
Bullet Weight = 110Gr
MV = 980Fps
ME= 235Flb

32 H&R Mag produces some good stats, it should be useful as a defensive round for those not able to handle the greater recoil in a short barreled gun.

UT BCI Certified Conceal/Carry Instructor

"If you expect the police to always be able to protect you, why are the ones who show up at crimes called 'detectives' instead of 'defenders'? Detectives try to find a criminal after they've committed a crime."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:49 am 

Andrew Rothman wrote:
When diagnosing illness, doctors have an expression: "When you hear hoofbeats, think horses, not zebras."

Unless you're in Africa.

Sure, it was probably ACP. But the article doesn't definitively say that. How many times have we complained about reporters getting the facts wrong? Let's not make assumptions that put ourselves in the same situation.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 3:39 pm 

And if you go back even further in time there was also 32 rimfire both in short and long.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 8:51 am 
Forum Moderator

Rem700 wrote:
And if you go back even further in time there was also 32 rimfire both in short and long.

And since this is Brazil, and not Burnsville, isn't at least half-reasonable to assume that someone might have some weird old revolver that shoots one of the half-dozen .32 pistol loads, like .32 S&W Long, .32 S&W or .32 Short Colt? A quick review of Winchester's ballistics shows all are more anemic than the .32 Auto, some by as much as 25%.

The other Brazil-related element in the equation, regardless of the specific .32 caliber cartridge, is perhaps the environment. It's not all like this, but much of Brazil is pretty tropical. Could this have affected the ammunition? The weapon itself? Some combination that resulted in poor performance?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:01 pm 
Journeyman Member

Her hair might have had similar properties to a pith helmet... No one can doubt the ablative property of the Princess Leia buns.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:57 am 
In the time out chair

Mobocracy got it.

I vote for an old, break-action, .32 revolver with old ammo.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:37 pm 
Forum Moderator

Also 7.62 Nagant revolver (mine shoots 32 H&R Mag medium loads as well) 32 S&W, 32 S&W Long, and 32 Long and Short Colt not to mention the 7.65 MAS!

There are lots of "Nickel Nightmares" out there in cheap break actions in various 32s.

32 acp is probably the way to bet, although the 32 S&W is lower powered and very common in cheap revolvers.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 2:58 pm 
In the time out chair

The one I pictured is a .32 S&W.

I see it as more likely than the ACP because the ACP is full metal jacket while the revolver round is lead.....and in those old ones the lead was very soft--thus contributing to the failure to penetrate bone.

Post subject: Re: [cnn] women shot in head 6 time with .32
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 3:16 pm 

Quote:
... A Brazilian woman who was shot six times in the head ... She was also shot once in the hand....

Did the boyfriend reload? Do some 32 S&W revolvers have 7 shots?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 3:19 pm 
Forum Moderator

The shot in the hand was probably a defensive wound, she had a hand out or in front of her face.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 3:24 pm 

Greg wrote:
The shot in the hand was probably a defensive wound, she had a hand out or in front of her face.

Ok... I can see that happening. I did do a little research on gunbroker and most of the 32 S&W's were five shot revolvers though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 4:20 pm 
Forum Moderator

guarana wrote:
Greg wrote:

Ok... I can see that happening. I did do a little research on gunbroker and most of the 32 S&W's were five shot revolvers though.

Well, we are speculating, with little information to go on other than the number of wounds and the caliber, and even that may be wrong!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:14 pm 
On time out

It might even be .32 rimfire. I had a old marlin that shot that for a wile as a kid. but ammo was never available. now the boxes of ammo are worth more then the gun

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:32 pm 

I'll bet my wifes skull is at least twice the thickness of that chick's. And has the slant of a tank turret.
So you say shoot her in the heart. Sorry she's missing that too :shock:

Oscar

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:46 pm 

oscarswanson wrote:
I'll bet my wifes skull is at least twice the thickness of that chick's. And has the slant of a tank turret.
So you say shoot her in the heart. Sorry she's missing that too :shock:

Oscar

Damn!! You paid off the divorce lawyer yet Oscar, or are you still making payments, and that's why you're so bitter??

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.